Chapter 59 - Outcomes

"I don't wanna think about
What I'm feeling now
I wanna push it down
I wanna block it out"

Harley's P.O.V

It's been a week since George has left the hospital. It's been weird being back in this house and I don't think any of us likes it.

That day at the hospital, I also got a chance to talk to George and let me tell you. After everything I've been through when it comes to him trying to ruin mine and Alix's relationship, at times I thought he would never accept us. Gladly I was wrong and maybe being shot and almost dying isn't a very practical way to convince someone of something... But it really was a turning point for George. I mean, we've talked about moving houses and he sometimes says the words "your room" looking at both me and Alix.

Yes, like in me and Alix having an actual room for the 2 of us instead of separate rooms. It's like he woke up from a coma and suddenly just loves our love. I'm not complaining, I'm just not used to it. Plus, if I ever sleep in the same room as Alix, then I want it to be in our own house. Not our parents. We wouldn't feel comfortable, not anymore, I guess, plus it's only exciting when you do it behind their backs. But even if they are in fact okay with all of it. After everything that happened, how could we?

I've actually been thinking about that lately. Me and Alix, moving out together and college. Luckily we're going to study near one another, so maybe we can actually find a place together.

While Alix will continue in the path of performative arts, I've finally decided what I want to follow and be in the future. A pediatrician.

I mean I've always loved kids. I thought about doing the exact opposite and turning to helping older people, but honestly? If there's something that my vovo did, was mold small little Harley to become the person I am today, and I'm sure she would be proud of who I've become. Maybe reprimand me for some of the mistakes I've made, threatening to hit me with a slipper when I was being a lil shit, but still, be proud of me in the end.

And that's something I would enjoy doing? not hitting someone with a sliper..., But praise and make sure young kids turn into healthy and well adjusted people. Mostly healthy, I know. But oh well.

Some days after George got out of the hospital, it was Alix's birthday. We didn't do anything much and no one gave her presents cause first, no one was in the mood to celebrate since we got back to this house, and second, no one had time to even think about buying something with all that happened.

- "Harley, can we go out for a while? I'm not really.... Comfortable in here." Alix left her room to meet me in the living room, clearly somewhat uncomfortable.

I looked at her, making sure I'd give her a comforting smile.

- "Sure. Let me just say something to my mom. Wait here." I said walking by her and slightly touching her hand almost as to make her sure I would be back to her in no time.

I went into the hallway and knocked on my mom and George's room door, knowing they would both be in there.

- "Come in." George's voice sounded.

I pushed the door opened. My mom was laying over the covers reading and George was in his wheelchair, opening an envelope that probably had to do with house bills.

- "Hey sweetie." My mom said only looking at me for a second and back at her book.

George looked up at me and mustered a smile.

Both of them were slowly trying to act normal after all that occurred. It looked weird at times knowing what had happened outside their room just weeks ago, but also at the same time, it made it less relevant.