{3} Double-Sided Coin

A/N: As a side note for readers: Anything here that doesn't look ENGLISH, is my attempt of making a language. It's a demon language, do not translate it as I'm only making it up. Thank you.
—————

"Well, I was thinking about Layer 642!" Nereus argued with his sibling, growling at him as he bared his teeth.

"They're TOO powerful for us! We'd go there and DIE..." Ceres- his twin retorted, glaring darkly.

Meric raised his eyebrow, eyes dark with amusement that was slowly turning into something annoying. I glanced over, pretty much used to the daily occurrence.

There wasn't a single day that the twins could go without fight or argument. That's just the way it was and they were too thick skulled to try and resolve the conflict EASIER without having to scream at each other.

"Ladies... You're both pretty, can we continue?"

Meric glanced at me and chuckled under his breath, gnawing quietly on a piece of flesh. A wonderful delicacy on the black markets down here. Sad to say a lot close down from us, as we can't let it slip past into the world.

Since we're the leaders of our Layer, it's like ruling a kingdom. You have the king, the queen and the two lower stands. We have to keep the Aerae demons HAPPY... Or they'd figure us out and report us to Lucifer immediately.

"Why would you want to invade 642? They don't have anything of use do they? It's only war down there ALREADY..." I sighed, resting my head on my hand, boredom practically flowing through my veins.

"Koume is Right... How about we can start with something else? Something more vulnerable..." Meric suggested, sighing softly and leaning back, flexing his wings behind him.

"There's no point to going UP... Towards the surface. The Astra demons are USELESS and they serve no purpose other than being guards." Nereus rolled his eyes.

"Then we go down low, but not too far." Meric replied.

Ceres huffed. "How about 364? They've been quite peaceful for a while now, ever since they made that treaty."

We all let out a tiny laugh.

"Cowards..." I mumbled.

"Ah... Koume? How does your RAC feel?" Meric asked, touching my neck, brushing his fingers gently across the skin. With the magic sewn over it, it didn't look or feel any different.

Thought when I was like THIS, in my true self, it would ache.

"It's Fine, I barely feel a thing." I lied, crossing my arms as he pulled back, smirking lightly.

"Good... We can't have you passing out again, remember last time?"

"That time it caught me by surprise." I narrowed my eyes, glaring lightly as he chuckled.

Meric turned to Ceres. "How are the armies doing? Are you keeping them together? We'll need a lot to invade... Oh, and yes 364 will do, Ceres."

Ceres relaxed at his words, while Nereus looked annoyed, crossing his arms and glancing away. His eyes were a bit darker than before.

After some time of long discussion, the twins were looking bored, Meric looked lost and I just sat there uninterested, tugging at my fingers.

"Sir, will the RAC still work when Koume isn't in the room?" Nereus mumbled lowly, eyes flickering to me for a moment. Like he was making sure I couldn't hear him, though it's not like I was brain dead. I was alive, not a fucking robot.

"It'll continue to do its job. It'll wipe his memories clean and it'll make everything look more... 'humane'? Is that the word?" Meric sighed, shrugging. "Isn't it nice to be free, Koume?"