{1} Wakey Wakey Sleepyhead

Waking up normally wasn't difficult for me. I only rarely had nightly meetings at my work, I went to work usually late in the afternoon and I never stayed awake TOO late. So waking up this morning was quite surprising. 

I felt my body waking up, while my mind told me to just keep my eyes shut, to not wake up. I was shocked to realize that I felt completely drained and exhausted, usually, I'd be up and already in the kitchen by now... Knowing how much of an early bird I am.

I felt something warm shift around part of my body, around my right arm and my back, coming from behind my body as I was laying on my left side. My body finally had enough and forced myself to stir, opening my eyes but only to squint at the faint light coming from between the split curtains. 

Dammit.

"Are you awake love?" The soft tender voice whispered from my back. I chuckled softly, an automatic reaction to smile already brightening up my morning as I spun onto my other side. Laying behind me on his side, was my boyfriend. Yuma...

"Now I am." I smiled as I leant forward, pressing a kiss to his warm forehead, making him inch back in embarrassment, his self-consciousness effecting him just like it's always been, even though I've complimented him countless times on how beautiful and perfect he was. "Good morning beautiful."

Those exquisite, perfect, graceful golden eyes staring at me from in-between his slightly spread fingers, that had moved up and covered most of his face. I could tell he was blushing, his face was completely flushed rose from what I could see. He glared lightly at me, eyes narrowing in the cutest way I could ever see possible.

"What?" I raised an eyebrow, pushing the annoying stray pieces of perylene red from my eyes so I could continue to get a good view of him. He had lowered his hands a bit so that his mouth was visible, he had a soft pout resting on his gorgeous pale lips. 

"You're so stupid sometimes Koume." He rolled his eyes and let his hands go, resting them on the soft sheets and pillows. He then added, "Say that again and you'll be sleeping on the couch for the rest of your eternity." He commented, jokingly. My lips twitched, I only wanted to smile more, but I forced my face to remain frozen where it was. My precious little ball of sunshine...

"Then you'll be lonely and cold. We're cuddling soulmates, remember?" I said, laughing. I extended my hand forwards, tangling my fingers in his precious snow-white locks, which had a few scarlet dyed pieces in it. He still dyed it even after I told him his hair was special, it wasn't COMMON for Aerae demons to have white. 

Most common hair colours for our species were dark blonde, black, dark chocolate brown, purple and blue. White was a rare colour, though despite being scarce, it was beautiful and almost every Aerae wanted the colour.

My boss had dark blonde hair. Actually, most of my coworkers had either black or brown hair, only a few having blonde as well. 

For my job, I work for the government. My duties are to discuss future plans with my coworkers and boss, who I'll discuss later. I'm supposed to come up with law ideas, to keep our layer intact and under control, all while keeping it beautiful like it's always been. 

Despite discussing and talking at work almost every day, I oddly can't remember barely any topics I covered in that day. It's like a blurred vision in my mind, that won't clear up no matter how much I think about it. One time, it got so bad that Yuma had panicked and taken me to the ER, to our doctor. He couldn't find anything wrong with me and after a while, the memories cleared up. I always ended up confused in the end though, every time I would panic over it, the results would just come up and be unimportant.