De"couple"

"(Y/n)! Love!... (y/n)!" Slowly, you opened your eyes. There was something holding you up. The room was nubilous. Apart from a shadow that hung over you. You couldn't make out to whom the shadow belonged, but there was no body nearby.

It was black. Thick black. And it was moving in weird motions. It moved in closer to you, until you felt a cold breeze on the skin of your face. It could breathe. It was alive. Your eyes widened in horror. You didn't know what it was, but you needed to get away from it. You would run. And run. As far from it as you could. You wanted to find Dante. Wherever he was.

"Dante... Where are you?" Your words were barely audible. Not even you could have heard your own words. They had just slipped, almost letting the world know what it was that was tearing your head apart. Other than the throbbing in it. Your head was still aching. The blood had stopped flowing from the cuts on your arms. Your breath was getting shorter and shorter.

You realized that you had been taking breathes only after every half a minute. It was getting difficult for you to breathe. You tried to breathe again, but you couldn't. Something heavy was on your chest. Something was stopping you from breathing.
"I'm here." Your eyes had never left the black figure above you, when you saw what seemed like a mouth move.

What was going on? One minute. That was how long it took for you to breathe again. Your heart was beating painfully. It was more painful than the cuts on your arms. Than the throbbing and aching on the side of your head. Than the wound on your chest.

"I didn't get to you on time, (y/n)." What had happened when you were passed out? You were still in the same room. Except it was all a mess. Pieces of the ceiling had falling to the ground. The glass from the windows were all gone, adding to the rubble on the floor. On the floor, your eyes trailed to the rabbit standing across the room, large spikes protruding from all of his body.

His glasses had cracked. Beside him lay a body of a young woman, who looked like the little girl, Alice, all grown up, but what you thought was dead. Still looking in that direction, you saw a pool of blood a few inches from your body. Actually, a river. The blood had made it's way over there, from your body.

From the wound on your chest. Caused by a large spike, which had dug deep into it. A hand rested over your eyes, so all you could see was darkness. Then some seconds later, it was removed. Dante, now in his human form, was hovering over you. A tear drop fell on your cheek, coming from his eye. One minute and a half. If this continued any longer, you would be completely out of breath. And you would die.

"Don't you die on me... You've already died once..." Died once? What was he muttering about? Was it about his mother? Did he not want to lose the only reminder of someone he had loved deeply? Your body was weak, you had lost a lot of blood. But you managed to raise your hand, which was very pale, and rested it on his cheek.

"T-Tell me... What... What happened here?" No one said a thing. And while you waited for an answer, a man waited in the same room you had been in with him earlier. Regretting. Remorse was written all over his face. But he hadn't meant to. It was an accident.

Dante couldn't say anything else. He was in shock. But someone had managed to give you the answer you were hoping for. Or, at least it was a voice in your head.
"Same face... Same face... Just like his."
"Vergil was here?" You thought back, and didn't hear the voice reply. But you recognized it as the short man's voice. The shabby looking one. He was no where in the room.

"A-Accident." The voice called once again, fading in the distance. So it was an accident. He hadn't meant to.
"Dante... I love you..." It was coming. Your time was coming. You were still, not able to move, but your eyes remained on Dante's face. If you were about to die, than Dante's face would be the last you would see.

Your eyes were slowly closing. That is until you felt another pair of arms on you. Dante still had his hold on you. Holding you close like a trusted blanket. One that he never wanted to lose. The arms that had just took hold of you, you turned to where they had come from. It was the rabbit. He was kneeling down beside you.

"I can save her... That's if you want me to..." Dante didn't waste a second, but hesitantly let your body go. The rabbit lifted you up, walked across the room and sat your body down on the ground. The spike was still painfully lodged into your chest. And blood was still oozing out. The rabbit didn't have the spikes all over his body anymore. He didn't look as though he was ever attacked.

"Do not worry about me..." Apparently you had been examining the rabbit's body long enough for him to catch on. You nodded, closing your eyes when told to. All that could be heard were whispers around you.
"She mustn't live!... She will not survive!... Die!" Frightening were those voices. What they said made the situation worse. They were scaring you.

"Pay no heed to them... They feed off of fear..." Your eyes were still closed. The voice of the rabbit came from beside you, as you could also here shuffling of feet. The rabbit was circulating your body on the floor. It wasn't long when you felt a breeze circulating you too. It started out small, then it got larger and louder, until it was able to lift your almost limp body off the ground, raising it into the air.

"Keep your eyes closed!" The phrase echoed all around you. Along with some other noises, including the voices that desired so much for you to succumb and die. And just when you thought it was almost over, you felt something take ahold of the rod in your chest, slowly pulling it out.

You shrieked in pain as it was slowly, but gruesomely pulled out of your wound. Your hands found their way to the rod also, helping in pulling it out. You weren't controlling them, but the rabbit found it useful that you also help in the matter. Dante couldn't help it. Your screams were something he never wanted to hear again.

Your beautiful voice shouldn't be wasted doing something such as screaming in agony. He couldn't intervene. In order for you to survive, you had to go through it. Then, he heard your screams die down. You were crying. It was much too painful. And it wouldn't be the last of it. Once the spike had been pulled out, and thrown somewhere, probably having been devoured by the storm that was still surrounding your body, you shrieked and screamed once again as your wound began to burn.

"Not to worry! Your wound is just healing!" That didn't help one bit. It burned, and you wanted it to stop. But unfortunately for you, the process lasted about a whole hour. You had exhausted your vocals, not a sound could exit your mouth. Your lips were dry, cracked and bleeding. You couldn't feel your body, and therefore could not catch yourself as your body plummeted to the ground when the storm died.

You were about to hit the floor when someone caught you. Then gently laid you down on the ground. The person was sobbing, staring at the tears leaking from the edges of your eyes.
"You s-shouldn't be with me, (y/n)..." With a crack in his voice, Dante pulled you into a hug. Your chest was healed, but your clothes were still bloody.

"If you do, I'll get you killed... I'm no good for you..." He was crying, his hand had taken a grip of your hair. You didn't like hearing him speak like that. You didn't want him to. So you raised your hand and stroked his cheek when he moved away only a few inches.
"I love you, Dante... I will never leave. Whatever it is that you must go through, be it dangerous or not, I'll always be by your side. We'll get through it together."

You let out a weak smile. You would live. You would be with the first man you had fallen in love with. You would never leave him. For as long as you were alive. And he would never leave you. Your stared into each other's eyes, stuck in them.
"Even though you've seen my demon form... y-you still want to be with me?" You giggled before nodding,
"I don't care about that one bit... What I care about," You brought your hand up, tracing it across his chest until it stopped where you could feel his heart beat," Is this."

He smiled back, pulling you up close to share a passionate kiss with him.

************THE END**************