Novenary

The building was far too quiet, adding to the eerie feeling that still lingered around. You had just come face to face with Dante's brother, but had no idea where the other was. Taking a little walk and thinking would be a great idea at the moment, you had done what you had come for but if Dante was to be there, then you would wait.

"Dante." His named was instilled in your mind, refusing to leave no matter how much you tried to force it out. You needed to think, but his face would have you locked in a trance. Still walking, you came across a household phone. It had no sign that it was working, but yet you still tried it. The conversation that took place, along with the knowledge you had received brightened your day.

"Hello?" It was a quiet voice that replied. One of worry. You recognized the voice, then replied in your own quiet manner.
"Yes. It's (y/n)... Tell the boss I quit." Then hung up before you received a reply. You knew you wouldn't regret it. You were to be taken care of by the man you had just fallen in love with.

After wondering around aimlessly, your walk was interrupted by loud bangs from nearby. Gun shots. Worried, you made your way to where the noise had been coming from. You did get lost and confused, as the noise echoed throughout the building, making it seem as though they had been ricocheted across different walls.

"Dante... Dante..." You panted, stopping by a door frame and scanning the room. Sitting on a chair by the high window was the little girl. She was unmoving as though paralyzed. After scanning the entire room from where you stood, you stepped into the room and cautiously made your way to her. Across the room was another door, which seemed to have been locked.

"Ali..." Halfway to the figure, you brought your hands to cover your face as the window was smashed to bits. Glass flew everywhere, shards landing in your hair. You hadn't seen anything, focused on protecting yourself when a small figure jumped at you, knocking you down.

You then heard a door open, before a gun was fired. The small figure had disappeared from your body, footsteps being heard as feet ran up to the direction of the door.
"(Y/n)!" A voice entered your ears. It sounded familiar, and yet you couldn't identify whom it had belonged to. You had hit your head upon impact with the ground.

Ignoring the wound on your head, with a dizzy sight, you chose to remove the small shards from your arms. You couldn't say you weren't bleeding, you couldn't see properly. But you felt rivers of liquid flowing on your skin.

Two hands rested on your shoulder. You heard the person growl in frustration. Your vision was clearing up, then it did just in time for you to see the rabbit, spotting a bullet wound, morph into a spider. With Alice standing guard to protect it. You believed you had hit your head harder then you thought and were seeing illusions.

"(Y/n)." Dante. It was Dante. The man who just now picked you up, placing your body far from the middle of the room. You were shaking and frightened, shifting in and out of consciousness. The tension in your head was unbearable.
"D-Dante." You whispered, giving in and falling unconcious.
"I love you." Unfortunately your words were barely heard over the fighting and shots fired by ivory and ebony.

It was only a few minutes when you slowly opened your eyes. You had expected light to come into your vision but all you saw was unexpected. For above you, you could see a table hovering over the room. The room was darker, accompanied by whispers from everywhere.
"It's a tea party. Tea party time... Tea made of blood..." They said. Not wasting a second after hearing the words, you quickly sat up.

"De-Demon's blood flows through his veins... though just ha-half of it..." You heard from above you. Two figures occupied the table, both seated. Alice wasn't one of them. Instead, it was a shabby looking, short man. Eyes wide apart, both facing different directions, and large rabbit like teeth. And the other was the rabbit.

Below, stood Dante. But he was barely visible to your eyes, which could not see properly because you were very dizzy. The throbbing in your head just made everything far worse, the pain increasing every second.

"This must be the child that S-Sparda and his hu-human woman had." The man continued. It didn't help that his voice boomed throughout the room. His mother... His father... One was human and one was demon. Vergil had not mentioned anything about their father. You tried to get up, to get closer to your love. But you were paralyzed.

"It seems that the mother and br-brother were killed by de-demons... That's why he loathes them so much... Even though he's a fr-freak of nature him-..." The whole room disappeared after that, as you went deep into thought. Brother? Dead? His brother was dead?
"His brother isn't dead!" Was what you wanted to scream out to everyone in the room. His brother wasn't dead. You had met him. Had been with him in the same room some minutes ago.

There was no way you had been dreaming all of this. It wasn't an illusion. You weren't being delusional. Vergil. His brother. You had touched him. He was well alive. Flesh, with a heart that was beating as normally as any other human. You wanted to tell him. To tell him that his brother was alive. But you felt limp. You couldn't feel your body.

Nothing. You couldn't even open your mouth, let alone hum anything. You couldn't do anything. You were still paralyzed. Then saw them. Eyes on you. Eyes that belonged to the shabby man.
"The de-demon child's scone won't be good... But hers will." Your eyes met his. You didn't have a clue what he meant. But you didn't like it.

"Or maybe Al-Alice's? It's white, soft and is hi-high quality." Alice. Where was the girl? Did Dante come here to save her? Scones. Were they talking about eating her. Tea party made of blood? These were the words running through your mind. And you couldn't stop thinking about that. You were frightened.

"What's going on?" Finally, the words had escaped your mouth. You could talk now, but could hardly move. Your body was weak. You tried to get up, but ended up on your knees. You could see better now. That's when you noticed your surroundings. When you noticed that only half of the room was shadowed, covered in blackness.

"Now hold on a second... Alice is my prey. And she is mine," Dante called oit, pointing at you, "Don't go about deciding things all by your own." He would always be there to save you. Just as he had said he would.
"Do you w-wish to eat?" Eyes still on you, the shabby man asked Dante. But your eyes were on the rabbit. He saw Vergil. Why wasn't he saying anything?

"Me? For tea, I'll be just good with tomato sauce." That's when you got up. You were feeling even more better. Lightheaded with a throbbing skull, but better. Standing upright, you felt blood trickle down your temple, your cheek, then end as a drop on your chin. Before that drop couldn't hang on any longer and fell down to the ground. More followed after.

"Stay down, (y/n)!" He wasn't even looking at you, and yet he could tell that you had gotten up. But was he getting feels of guilt? He sounded like it. He did smash through the window, causing some shards to protrude through your skin. But that was the least of it. The little girl, Alice, was the one who had knocked you down. But he hadn't meant to hurt you. He didn't know you were in the room. He didn't know you had been in the same building.

You didn't listen. Stubbornly deciding to remain standing where you were. You wiped the blood away with your hand, with two pairs of eyes on the liquid. This didn't please Dante at all.
"Hey you! Pixie!" One pair moved to face him, anger sparked as you could tell by his eyes.

"Not a pixie! I'm not a pixie! This is not a pixie hat!" Irritated, Dante raised his gun, pointing it at the short man. You couldn't take it any longer. You had gotten what you wanted, now you wanted to leave. Needed to leave. Your knees became shaky, and the whole room switched angles. That's when you realized you were falling over.
"I didn't say anything about your
... Shit!" Was the last thing you heard before you blanked out.

***********************************