Septem-viral

With a few days having gone by with you missing your friend, you would go to them today. The paper with the address on it safe in your pocket, and a rain coat on. You stepped into the rain. The night sky was cold, which had you wondering why a drunk guy was seated by the entrance on the street.

He was by himself, muttering whatever and drunk, casually taking a large gulp from a bottle he would conseal in his shirt after every sip. He sat unbothered by the heavy rain.

You cautiously stepped closer to him. The head lifted up, examining your figure for some seconds, then quickly got up.
"Hey! Hey! You're (y/n), right?" A bit surprised by the enthuisiastic and chirpy tone, you nodded, curiousity visible on your features.

"Good. I was on time. Well, let's go." You raised an eyebrow, both curious and concerned. He had no protection from the rain and was dripping wet.
"Go...Go were?" He looked around for a bit, expectantly. He was expecting someone to come out of somewhere.
"Funny. Dante said he'd be here... Anyway, he said I should go with you to, uh...wherever you're going, I guess." You nodded. If he was sent by Dante, then you'd let him come along.

You were already scared of going alone anyway, so you might as well have company. You turned to walk down the road covered in wet puddles. Stepping in some as there was no way to go around them.
"My name is Enzo, if you didn't know."

"It's nice to meet you, Enzo." Continuing along the path, you saw the familiar hooded figure heading your way from up the street. Only eyes visible, she watched your figure from afar until she averted her eyes when she was close enough. You made no remark to make it known that you had seen her, instead you passed by each other, neither of you looking back at the other.

"Creepy lady." That someone muttered behind you. You came to a corner and got on another street. A not so gentle breeze blew past you, making the air even colder. You looked up at the street lights as you passed by them. You knew where you were going, but the person behind you didn't, as he just asked you.

"I admire the level of trust you have in Dante..." He laughed in content behind you. He could have been going to someplace dangerous with you and he didn't complain. It hadn't been long when you could here whistling by inebriated men from up ahead. On other times, you would be afraid, but you were well known in these streets so you didn't have any trouble going through them.

They had formed a small crowd by large gates you would be entering, barricading the path as though there were some emergency. You got to the closed gates, stopping to see if you were at the right place. Looking down at his watch, Enzo sighed taking a few steps to the side.

"Dante should have been here by now..." He sat down by the large gate of the building, bringing out his forgotten bottle.
"He better get that job done. We need the money..." You weren't ready to go in yet, so you stood beside him. The noise of laughter from the men rang in your ears, but it wasn't enough to distract you from your fears.

"What job?" He took a sip, then shrugged before reaching a hand into his pocket and pulling out a picture.
"Funny coincidence... He was supposed to have come to this exact building to find a missing girl." You took the picture and stared down at it.

"Alice in Wonderland?" He nodded. He took his last sip from the bottle and threw it to join with the rest of the litter paved on the street. Then pulled out another. You were amazed. That he had managed to hide an object as big as a bottle in his shirt. Two at that.

"Do you have any more in there?" The sarcasm was laced in your voice as well as humor. He laughed and pulled down the beanie he had on, revealing a bottle well balanced on his head. You laughed with him, before reality hit you again.
"I should get going now..." You headed to the closed gates and opened them, entering the property. The building up headed had an eerie feeling emitting off of it. You almost changed your mind but thought against it.

"If you don't mind, I'll be waiting out here!" You nodded, walking up to the double doors known as the entrance. You gently gave the doors a push. They slowly opened, to make you see a dark passage. You gulped and took a few steps in. Once you were far enough, the doors quickly closed shut. You gasped and tried to open them, but they wouldn't budge.

"Enzo! Enzo!" You knocked hard on the wood, calling out for anyone to save you from the passage ladened with an endless amount of darkness. The darkness then proved to be mortal when it all disappeared after a light filled the room. You stopped all movements, except to slowly turn around.

The passage was empty, but thanks to whoever turned on the lights, you could see better now. Hesitantly, you took a step, distancing yourself from the only exit that you knew. Echoing throughout the building, you heard some giggling. And not wasting time, you followed the sound.

After wondering aimlessly for a few minutes, you finally stopped. Ahead, coming from a door, you could here giggling. You took a few more steps and placed your head against the door.

"Rabby..." It was a child's voice, accompanied by laughter. It made you calm down. There was a child at the place. So there was a chance that you would be safe. But the next thing frightened you to no end. Replying to the girl, a dark voice rang through your ears. There was something about it that you despised. It was a mocking tone, one that would belong to someone who meant no good.

"It'll be tea time soon..." The person sounded impatient. As well as amused.
"We'll be having a guest." More giggling along with shuffling of feet. Louder sounds of footsteps where covered up by giggling.
"Really? Where are they?" Silence. Thinking that the people were now whispering to each other, you listened in more quietly.

But it remained quiet until,
"They're just outside this door." You gasped and backed away, tripping and landing on your butt. You tried to find your voice to scream but you couldn't. Something wouldn't allow it. And when you tried to get up you ended up falling back down. You ceased your struggling when you heard clicking, along with the creaking of an opening door.

You didn't know how to react. Scream or not. Be afraid or not. For emerging from the door was nothing more than a man in a rabbit costume. But there could be a freak under there. A deranged man out to get you. Confusion was the only emotion you could show. What explanation was there for him having known you were by that door?

But you still had doubts. There could have been cameras in the room. The two could have heard you coming.
"Good evening, Miss (y/n)." That same dark voice from earlier. Angered by the situation, you got up, making your way to him.
"What joke is this? I come here expecting to meet... well... someone who is not in a bunny costume! Is this a party?"

The bunny chuckled, enticing your anger further. You growled and grabbed ahold of the costume's cheeks, before pulling it toward you. Except it didn't come off. You remained frozen. The situation hitting you hard almost knocking you backwards. You released his cheeks, and stepped away.

"Y-You're real!" You shrieked, looking around to see if you had any chance of escape.
"You're quite right, Miss... Mr Vergil has been expecting you. I'm sorry to say that you have arrived way before expected," Then he stopped speaking at the sound of breaking glass.
"Or not." A little girl you recognized from the picture emerged from the same door as the rabbit, swiftly running past you two and disappearing behind another door.

"Ah, you see, Alice is a bit too excited to meet... well, you'll know soon." With that said, he took his leave by walking past you and following behind her. You stared at his figure as it disappeared. Just what you needed. You had planned on following behind to avoid standing there as though you were some lost and confused mutt.

Before you heard footsteps behind you. You turned, a warmth filling the void in your heart. Eradicating that fear that held you in place. You ran up to the man, who was dripping wet because of the rain. Apparently he had tried to conceal himself from the rain by covering his chest with different clothing for once. But he couldn't stop it from getting to his hair.

You reached your arms out and wrapped them around him, squeezing him into a hug. Becoming wet also, you ignored it and chose to keep him locked into a hug. But something was off about him.
"Dante... I knew you would come." A hand rested on your shoulder. He pushed you back lightly, resting two fingers under your chin and tilting your head upward, then placing his lips on yours. He then moved away and looked into your eyes, saying,
"You can call me Vergil."

***********************************