#3: Beautiful Black Fur

Alpha
And
His
Lair

••SOPHIA'S POV••
__________________

-ring, ring-
-ring, ring-
-ring, ring-

"Hello?"

"Layla wants us to come visit!" Grace says over the phone.

"Really? That's great, come pick me up!!"

Apparently Layla wants us to come visit her at the hospital, the medical doctor said that she'd be out in 2 more days. Today is Saturday, I don't go out much after Layla got hurt. I don't trust anyone or anything, this world has come to an brutal end and I won't be here to endure it.

I got up from my bed and picked out a simple outfit to go see Layla, I showered and got dressed. I combed my hair and went down stairs to grab breakfast.

Grace said she'd pick me up, I don't have my own car because my parents think I might get into some crazy wreck. My dad's worst nightmare is of me, not coming home. He's scared of me dying and leaving the house.

I say that's some utter bull, I know how to drive I'm not some broken down loser. "Hey dad, hola mom." I say to my parents while getting a pancake from a plate. "Good morning Soph how did you sleep?" Dad asks.

"Like a baby." I smile.

"That's good, and where are you going?"

"Grace is picking me up to go visit layl if that's okay with you guys?" I give a sheepish grin and hope that they let their little girl leave the house.

"We still didn't have that talk, you aren't supposed to walk in those woods. And you know that." Mom creeps into the conversation. She always knew how to do that.

"I promise I won't! Now can I go Grace is here!?" I plead.

"Alright go have fun. Love you!" My mom and dad kiss me on the forehead, I walk away wiping it off and opening the door. "Oh and tell Gabe I said kiss my ass."

Mom scoffs. "Sophia Quinn! Get out now or else!" She points to the door that I'm standing at, I leave and close it behind me a smudge of silliness still plastered on my lips. Grace is sitting in her car waiting, I hop in still smirking.

"What's with the crazy girl smirk?" She asks while chuckling.

"I'm happy that's all, now away we gooo!" I charge my finger towards the road when Grace drives off, Grace has a convertible car. It's blue with black leather seats, at least her parents aren't children freaks. Once we get to the hospital a male doctor asks for our information.

"Hi how may I assist you?" He asks with a smile.

"We're here to see Layla Murray Hills, she's expecting us."

"What're your names?"

"I'm Grace Ellis." Grace speaks up.

"And I'm Sophia Quinn."

"Okay right this way, you'll have to put these visitor passes on." He hands up some stickers to put on our clothes while walking to Layla's room. I can't wait to see her so I start to clap my hands with happiness.

When the guy opens the door I peek in. "Layl?" I whisper her name in a low tone.

"It's us." We walk in and sit beside her. She looks so sick, I can't stand to look at her like this.

"Hi guys." She opens her mouth to speak, her voice barely giving air.

"We missed you! I'm so sorry this happened to you." Grace says.