Confess [1/20]

"(Y/N)-chan...?"

You were quiet, and honestly quite floored at what had just happened. You really didn't expect this when he asked you to come with him after classes had ended for the day, you thought maybe he just wanted to talk about some homework or see if you wanted to come over and hang out for the evening.

Not this. You definitely did not expect this.

You didn't expect the always shy yet always kind Izuku Midoriya to confess his feelings for you. That was the farthest thing from your mind when he found you after your classes let out and said, "can I talk to you for a minute?" (You being in the Support Course, he had to search for you as soon as he could.)

At first you wondered if he was going to ask you how your classes were going and if you needed help with anything you were working on, but then you remembered you had plans with him this weekend to go see a movie and hadn't yet decided on what to see, so that was the second thing to pop into your mind.

But no. Your childhood friend had just confessed that he had a crush on you. It was a surprise, but you'd already had a feeling that he had some romantic feelings for you.

(It didn't help that Ochako accidentally confirmed it a few weeks ago when you two were talking.)

However, you were unsure of how this was going to pan out. Of course, you held the same feelings for Izuku, of course you understood how difficult it must have been for him to say this, and of course you wanted to date him.

But why were you being so quiet? He had to be worried by how, concerned that you were being quiet because you didn't feel the same and were going to reject your green eyed, curly haired friend. His face was bright red but Izuku still looked you in the eyes, feeling more terrified of the growing silence.

"I...I understand...if you don't f-feel the same...so if y-you tell me to, I-I'll stop pursuing you..."

He said the last bit so quietly you almost didn't hear it, but you understood him and his statement made you frown.

"I don't want you to stop..."

The shock on his face coupled with the red blush almost made you laugh.

You're too damn cute Izuku...

"W-What do you mean...?"

"I don't want you to stop pursuing me because you never truly started...you think having a secret crush means you're pursuing me? That's not how this works, Izuku."

"What—"

Izuku doesn't get a chance to finish his question before you grab him by the shoulders and quickly kiss him, making his eyes widen and his face turn even redder (if that was even possible at this point). After a moment, you pull away, hands still on his shoulders, and you stare at the flustered 15-year-old.

"Izuku...if you want me to believe you're serious, then ask me out in the next sixty seconds or I'm walking."

Yeah it was probably mean to do this to him—you were sure it took him forever to work up the courage just to say, "I have a crush on you"—but if he wanted you to believe he was serious about dating you, maybe one day marrying you, something had to happen. A time limit had to be given and as Izuku stayed silent, you got worried.

Maybe...maybe he decided against wanting to be with you. Maybe he realized it was nothing more than a crush, it would never be more than that.

That's what you expected as you got to the last thirty seconds, taking a step back to get ready and walk away.

Izuku, however, still a bit shell shocked from his first kiss, was fighting a battle in his mind.

He absolutely wanted to be with you, but he was so damn nervous about the whole thing.

What if he wasn't a good boyfriend? What if you guys broke up and couldn't be friends anymore? What if he did something to make you uncomfortable and not want to be with him? Oh no, how long had it been since he started thinking?? Was the minute up, were you just staying and giving him false hope that you had changed your mind? Was this his only chance, had it already gone by and he lost it? No time couldn't have been up, you were still there! But how much time did he have left to think??

Izuku stopped running these thoughts through his mind the second you sighed, and he knew what he wanted.

You, during this time, had been counting down in your head. When you sighed it was ten seconds left, and you were convinced he had changed his mind since all he had done was stare at you.

I should have known...

With five seconds left, you open your mouth to say bye to your friend (that's all you two would ever be right?), but are stopped when Izuku quickly puts his hands on your shoulders to hold you in place.

"P-please go out on a d-date with me!!!"

His face was still bright red, but you just smiled. That was all you wanted. You just wanted him to ask you out and prove he was serious about this, even though he had to think things through for a moment, you didn't mind.

This is Izuku we're talking about, after all. If he hadn't been serious he wouldn't have confessed in the first place. You really just wanted to see if he truly wanted to date you, not just confess and fall back into your friendship with those feelings hanging over the two of you like a storm cloud.

No, Izuku was very serious about dating you, and you were overjoyed at the thought. So instead of staying silent any longer, you give him a hug and he returns it, hiding his red face in your shoulder.

"I'll gladly go out with you, Izuku. You should have asked me that at the beginning!"

You're both quiet, but that's ok. You don't mind it. You know, however, that Izuku is beyond embarrassed and won't move until his nerves and blush calm down.

But a moment later he quickly pulls back and looks at you, making you raise an eyebrow at him.

"W-what movie do y-you want to see this weekend...?"

"...oh no that's not going to be our first date."

"...what?" Izuku ends up highly confused by your statement, that not being the thought in his head at all. "What do you—"

"There's a small fair in town right now and Saturday is the last day. So...maybe we could go Friday and make that our first date...?"

Your blush was less intense that Izuku's had been, but it was still evident and you were nervous at the thought of being the one to suggest it.

But when Izuku quickly nods you feel calmer.

"S-Sure!! Whatever y-you want to do!!"

You smile and nod as well, taking Izuku's hand in your own and leading him back to the classroom to gather your bags.

"We can still go see a movie Saturday, but the fair will be a better first date, yeah?"

Izuku just quietly nods, in disbelief that you're actually holding his hand in school and smiles a bit to himself.

This went better than I expected...I hope Friday goes well...