Chapter 2- Powers.

Another fact about my new found tail. When I'm dry, I turn back. I've only been a mermaid for approximately thirty minutes and I've already got used to it.

At least I thought.

I decided to go back home, well I wouldnt call it home because I live in a hut in the middle of no where. Walk a mile and your in the city.

As you can see, I am a lone wolf. Well, mermaid.

After a little while of basking in the sun with an orange tail sticking out of me, I transformed back, in the same clothes I was in before.

I shrugged it off and hopped in my boat and started the engine, sending me speeding across the ocean.

**Time skip**

When I arrived at my hut, I threw my backpack across the floor and slouched on the chair.

I grabbed my laptop from the arm of the chair and switched it on. Tapping my fingers on the side, waiting for it to load. I quickly typed my password in.

The screen read 'Good Morning, Rikki.' And took me to my home screen.

I looked around the room in wonder of what to search. Then it came to me, I decided to do some research on mermaids.

Heres what I found:

"Mermaids are mainly created in the Moon Pool, a small cave on a land called Mako Island.

They are said to have the powers hydrokinesis: the psychic ability to control and manipulate a group of atoms in a water and influencing its flow using the power of mind and the ability to communicate with underwater animals.

They can suprise you by becoming a mermaid on land as one single drop of water can make them transform.

A negative of these mysterious and mythological creatures is that as of a full moon, they can have major implications on their mood."

Once I read all this, I was completely shell-shocked. That's when my mind clicked. I can control water.

I poured myself a glass of water and set it on the table. I closed my eyes and made my hands do the pinchy fingers and opened my eyes.

There, in mid air, was a magical waterball that I created myself. I beckoned it to come over to me and I popped it into my mouth.

Being a mermaid was going to be fun. But how do I keep it to myself? If I step in a puddle, I'll transform. Maybe its going to be harder than I thought.

"Good going, Rikki. You have college tomorrow and your thinking about being a mermaid, get some sleep." Said a voice in my head.

I did as I was told and drifted off...