Episode 1: The Lost Macleod Pt. 1

New York, 2019.

The city blooms with activity, people trying to get to their designated places while rushing ahead of the horrendous traffic. Meanwhile, in a distant warehouse, a mysterious woman is seen in a dark corner training with a sword, while the water from the roof drops down to the hood of her jacket.

Her name is Ashlyn Macleod of the clan Macleod, she was known as the greatest female fighter that Scotland has ever seen. For four hundred years, she has been a warrior, a lover and a wanderer. After being found by Duncan and Connor Macleod, she has wandered the world in search of vengeance.

Many years ago, after she came home with her father, she bore witness to the murder of her mother at the hands of another immortal. The assailant also struck her down, thus causing her immortality to activate. Ever since that day, she has been looking for the assailant, hoping to get justice for her mother's death and prevent the world from falling into chaos.

As the night falls over the New York skyline, Ashlyn goes for a walk in Brooklyn, enjoying the cool breeze of air goes through her. While walking, she stops her footsteps as she gets a ringing sensation in her head. The nonpainful wavelength tells Ashlyn that she is no doubt being followed by an Immortal. Thinking quickly, Ashlyn leads the mysterious Immortal into an old shoe factory.

"Come on out little lady, show your face!" as the Immortal shouts, Ashlyn appears silently behind him, calm and collected.

"Looking for me?" she said while having her hands on her hips. The Immortal tries to attack her with multiple sword swings, but Ashlyn's swiftness proves to be too much for him. Attempting a strike with his sword, Ashlyn simply trips him with her foot, allowing him to fall face first to the floor.

"I am Ashlyn Macleod of the clan Macleod, you picked the wrong day to attack me." Ashlyn speaks calmly to the Immortal. As the immortal tries to strike at her, Ashlyn shifts her body to the right, as she does that, she grabs the immortals sword and she swiftly decapitates him.

Upon seeing the corpse collapse, Ashlyn utters the words, "there can be only one". Suddenly, the lights in the warehouse begin to flicker on and off. A rush of cold air fills the atmosphere, making the very clouds circle around the sky. Ashlyn looks at the sky as if she knows what is about to happen to her.

Without warning, a rush electrical energy pierces through her body, making her scream passionately. The thunder and lighting surround her body, covering her with a sheet of power. As she continues to scream, the very power of the thunder destroys all of the lights in the building. Sparks begin to fly around Ashlyn, but they miss her skin as she is receiving power unlike anything imaginable.

When the lightning stops, Ashlyn falls to her knees, overwhelmed by the power that was transferred into her body. Regaining her composure, she continues her walk in Brooklyn. As the sun begins to set, Ashlyn walks towards a bar named "Queen of Hearts", stepping inside the premises, she looks around the bar, seeing different people conversing with each other.

While going up to the bartenders stand, Ashlyn sees the back of a long-haired, brunette woman. On her wrist, is the symbol of beings called Watchers, beings that watch over Immortals, but are forbidden to interfere. While the woman is rearranging the shelf of liquor, Ashlyn takes out a piece of gum and she begins to slowly chew it.

"Long time no see, ride or die!" the woman hears Ashlyn's words and a smile begins to form on her face.

"Ash!" she joyfully says, reaching over the stand to embrace her.

"Sonya, it's been a minute! How are you?" Ashlyn asks her while placing her hands on Sonya's shoulders.

"I've been great, my business has been booming and I have never been happier." Ashlyn smiles upon hearing Sonya's words.

"So what about you? Anything new?" Sonya asks Ashlyn, as she hands her a small glass of scotch.

"Well, it's been a long time since I have last seen Duncan, ever since Connor's death, we haven't spoken to each other," Ashlyn reveals to Sonya while drinking her glass of scotch.

"You and Duncan were pretty close huh?" Sonya wonders. While Ashlyn remembers the time when Duncan Macleod found her.

"We still are, back when was a little girl, I was visited by Duncan before he went into battle. He would teach me how to fight with a sword." Ashlyn smirks.

"When I came of age, I fought in many wars, and witnessed many marvels of civilization, but it all stemmed from my 13th birthday, that was the day that I was killed." Ashlyn's voice changed from cheerful to somber as she said these chilling words to Sonya.

"You became Immortal on that day," Sonya says while wiping off a glass with a white cloth.

"Yeah, ever since then I have wandered the world in search of answers. My journey leads me to many places, including Japan, to the dojo of a legendary swordsmith."

"And just who might this swordsman be?" an intrigued Sonya asks.

Ashlyn simply replies two words; "Hattori Hanzo."

Hey guys! What did you guys think of this chapter? Comment and let me know! Don't be shy, I welcome constructive criticism and all kinds of good compliments! Also, don't forget to hit that star to vote!

I also dedicate this chapter to FallonDeMornay, who always makes me want to strive to be a better writer!

Thank you for reading and I will see you soon!

Peace and Love