Nor did he mention the red hairband.

That's because after Seiji reached his apartment and checked his system, he was shocked!

This [gift] gave him an excessively high amount of points compared to normal! Innumerable emotions must have been contained within this red hairband!

Just why did Chiaki give him something so important to her? Seiji couldn't comprehend the reason behind Chiaki's gift, but this definitely wasn't something he should treat carelessly.

He decided not to tell Mika for the time being, not because he wanted to conceal it, but because he felt like he shouldn't speak rashly before he deciphered the intentions behind Chiaki's gift.

As expected, Mika didn't think too deeply about what Seiji told her, and she accepted his words without question.

"That person... named Sasaki-san, he was slapped by Haruka then knocked out by you; he seems a little pitiful."

"I was already kind enough to spare his life."

"Is that what you call kindness?" Mika's eyes were becoming unfocused.

"Do you wish to behold how cruel I can really be?" Seiji pretended to adjust a pair of imaginary glasses.

"I don't want to know..."

"How regrettable. You've missed an opportunity to see the world for what it really is."

"What does this have to do with the truth of the world!?" Mika retorted forcefully.

Yep, today there was a pleasant atmosphere as well.

At this point in time Seiji didn't expect what he was about to face next would be... rather unpleasant.

After reaching school, Seiji removed some love letters from his shoe locker again, greeted Chiaki, and went to class together with the silver-haired girl and Mika.

Everything was normal.

During class time.

"Chiaki, what do you intend to do about Shimizu-san's request?" Seiji asked her when he met her in the hallway after using the bathroom.

To tell the truth, he would have preferred to ask her what she wanted him to do with the red hairband... However, he felt like she'd just tell him some excuse as it wasn't an appropriate time to yet.

"About that... I haven't decided... What do you think?" Chiaki asked him a question in return.

"Danger is only a possibility, but taking a temporary leave of absence will indeed lower the risk to the minimum," Seiji said firmly. "It's just that if you take a leave of absence, even without considering how to apply for it, you'll fall behind in classes, you won't be able to attend drama club, and you'll even miss the upcoming school festival..."

"Yeah, I know, so even though it's Haruka requesting me, I'm still hesitating about it." Chiaki sighed. "I know she cares about me, and I want to acquiesce to her wish, but taking a leave of absence... That's a lot to ask for. I don't care about my classes as much, but as for drama club... If I take a leave of absence now, I'd feel bad for everyone in drama club. Besides, if I take a vacation by myself, I'd feel like... I abandoned everyone else and escaped by myself."

Chiaki looked towards Seiji.

"What do you think I should do?"

As she asked this, the conversation options appeared—

A: [You should take a leave of absence so that Haruka can rest assured.]

B: [I can't make this decision for you.]