- Chapter 8

The words of the black-haired girl, Natsuya Yoruhana, the student council president, shocked the table into silence for a lengthy period of time.

"Erm... hi." Seiji's face twitched, "I'd like to ask... what did you mean just now?"

"It was exactly what it sounded like." Natsuya Yoruhana gazed searchingly at his face and smiled slightly: "But that was something from a long time ago."

Seiji's mind was teeming with questions. He glanced at Mika beside him and discovered that she was still sitting there, stunned, with her mouth wide agape and eyes fully widened.

*Cough cough.*

He forced a coughing fit.

"Well... it looks like we should really have a good chat, mm... Miss Yoruhana, you and Mika should take a good look at the menu first and choose something to eat."

He had finally alleviated the tense atmosphere. As the two high school girls looked at the menu, Seiji sighed inwardly.

This president sure didn't act like how most ordinary people would.

"President, that drink is specially for a couple to drink together..."

"Eh? Couples together... in a public location... Hmph, how shameless!"

Natsuya's thoughts were indeterminable as her cheeks flushed slightly red, and her clear, righteous expression suddenly became purer.

Just as Seiji was observing her with mild surprise, the black-haired girl's expression instantly regained its indifference.

Perhaps she was one of those legendary ladies that never went out?

Seiji had never expected that he would meet such a character in real life.

Okay, maybe a sword-carrying lady's appearance wasn't all that strange in this world filled with 2-D elements?

After everyone had ordered some food, the table fell silent once more.

"Miss Yoruhana, don't you intend to explain anything further?" Seiji broke the silence yet again.

"There's really not much to say. Honestly, the incident was from a long time ago and doesn't have much meaning towards your current self." Natsuya took a deep look at him: "Even though it was an unforgettable childhood memory for me, you've never even met me before, so we've never communicated. I admit that I spoke slightly too rashly, but it was just a venting of my emotions."

"Oh..."

"If I surprised you, I apologize." Natsuya smiled gently. "This meeting today was because of my wish, so I appreciate that you accepted my invitation. Also, by meeting you here, in addition to giving my memory a face I can associate your name with, it is also an opportunity for me to thank you."

"Thank? I don't think that I've done anything before that Miss Yoruhana needs to thank me for."

"You risked your life and protected my classmate, Uehara-san, an important student of our school, so that deserves my gratitude as the student council president."

Natsuya's smile was replaced by a serious expression. "Thank you very much, Seiji Haruta. You protected a high school girl and prevented a huge scandal at our school. Our school—Genhana High School, owes you a debt!"

She formally lowered her head in seriousness as she finished talking.

"President..." Watching this scene, Mika was rather moved.

"No need to be so polite; I just did what I should have." Seiji smiled,

"Anyway, it's President-nim that done the bulk of the work. After all, you were the one who protected Mika. Otherwise, if that guy had made a move at school, I... would have been powerless."