Chapter 0 Promotion

(Edited)

022 was one of the most powerful systems to exist. It was created when the God of Transmigration was born. It was one of the first, it will be one of the last. From the first batch of Systems to have ever been created, it was the last to still exist. Having always down its work excellently, having helped each of its hosts, stopping them forcefully when needed and encouraging them if they wish to give up. He was always able to escape being reset or destroyed.

It visited an endless amount of worlds and accomplished each of its missions.

022 prided itself with its perfect work, but it was ashamed of each of its hosts.

Right now, it was inside its own space together with its current host. They were surrounded by an endlessness filled with stars.

022 was bidding its host farewell, preparing to send him to his original world.

His current host looked like a young man in his twenties. He died by choking on chocolate, which if 022 may insert was really pathetic. After dying the young man became bound to 022, its mission this time being 'Help the second male lead to find happiness'.

If you think that the host became the second male leads lover and granted him a lifetime of happiness in the ten worlds he had to visit, then you are wrong. His host coupled the second male lead with random girls, telling the girls what the second male lead loved and looking for in his romantic partner, making the second male lead fall in love for them. Till the end the second male leads never found out that they fell in love with a false facade.

In those ten worlds, 022 more than once had to save the situation, just because the girls his host choose were too stupid. He had to create accidents, each time the girls almost blew the cover or his host almost indirectly killed people.

His host himself, decided it to be beneath him to take care of all those things himself and instead wasted his time with some rich and of course powerful and handsome man he found himself and fell in love with.

At the moment his host was whining and protesting, saying that he refused to go back to his original world and instead wanted to continue traveling to worlds and meeting his 'fated' man.

What a joke, if 022 may insert. So much arrogance from some guy that died choking on a piece of chocolate.

It seems its host was arrogant enough to think he may even decide upon those things.

[Host does not have the right to decide. If Host is worried about not being able to meet his 'fated' lover, then 022 can assure Host that Hosts 'fated' lover also exists in his original world.]

That was all that was needed to shut the young man up. He reluctantly accepted the transfer to his original world. 022 didn't lie, it knew a lot of things, secrets it probably shouldn't know. Including the secret about those 'fated' lovers many of its hosts and the hosts of other systems had met in the past.

[After accomplishing all ten missions, Host has achieved the right to resurrect his original body and continue his life in his original world.]

As the soul of its host faded away, 022 prepared to leave and look for another host to continue accepting missions. However, just as it wanted to leave, a notification appeared in front of its formless body.

[Congratulation! Congratulation! Congratulation!

Good news have to be said trice!

System 022 has achieved the last possible promotion possible!

System 022 has achieved the right to travel to worlds on its own!

System 022 has achieved the right to act without the rules given to hosts!

System 022 has achieved the right to act freely and as it pleases, as long as it won't destroy the great balance!

May System 022 continue its hard work!]

022 stared at the brightly blinking notification for a while. After some time, it seemed to finally register the information. If it had a body, it would have smiled. It was finally free from its often annoying, abusive and arrogant hosts!

It took even something as calm and emotionless as 022 some time to calm down. It imagined taking a deep breath. For a System like itself, without any real right to act freely, this was far more than the being allowed to act freely, it was freedom, it was being granted it's own life. It was no longer a slave to missions and hosts, to rules. It could act freely even without having to take a limited vacation, that for a System was only some amount of time in endless darkness usually.

Calming down from its ecstasy, to its usual rational state, 022 decided on something.

It will visit world itself, repay those annoying bastards called protagonists the debt of having to babysit them for such a long time. It will show them the real world and show them how to be really overbearing!

With this in mind, 022 picked out a random world and entered it. For the first time not as a System staying in the consciousness of its hosts, but instead as a person occupying a body itself.

022 was free and it wanted to mess with people!