Chapter 19

Okay, since everybody is now voting for Moonbli, all chapters after this will now be platonic Winterwatcher. I haven't stopped shipping it, but I'm not going to actively ship it in this book for your sake. The Winterwatcher gets pretty heavy in this chapter, though, so watch out, Moonbli shippers! #SorryImnotsorry 

~ WarriorofFire

Winter's PoV

After what seemed like hours of stepping on annoyed dragons' talons, Winter was actually getting the hang of this dancing thing. He even did a few reels. After a particularly exhausting dance, Winter joined Moon, who was still trying to figure out how dancing worked.

"It's actually easy," Winter said to Moon, "you just have to go back and forth to the beat. And in a reel, you have to look at the person who goes before you and copy what they do when it's your turn."

"Well," Moon said, turning towards him, "if you're so good at it, then why don't we dance? I think I got the idea of this."

Winter could feel tiny pools of blue settling in his cheeks, and he struggled to keep his thoughts in check.

"Well, erm..." He stuttered, until he gained control over his words and he smiled. "Sure."

Moon smiled back and they walked onto the dance floor.

Moon's PoV

Winter and Moonwatcher circled around each other, his wing under hers. They went towards each other, their wings going up, then out as they passed each other, then they switched wings. The two spun together, and Moon grinned with delight. Dancing was fun! She would have to show the RainWings back at home the dance.

Home. That particular thought stung Moon more than she expected, and she faltered. Would she ever see her rainforest again? Or was it burned and blackened by now? If there was anything left, would she be allowed to go back? Was she banished from the Rain Kingdom? Moon spun, then rejoined Winter, moving to the lively tune. She put all of her enthusiasm into the dance, trying to forget the unwanted thoughts.

Stepping back from each other, the two dragons faced each other and bowed, finishing the dance.

As the dragons on the dance floor filed out, an elderly dragon came up to them. "A NightWing and IceWing couple." He said. "Never thought in a million years I'd see that one."

Moon could feel herself flush, and was thankful for her red coating so that no one could see. Beside her, Winter was a dark blue, but to her surprise, she couldn't read his thoughts. Had he built up a shield?

Saving the subject for later, Moon protested, "What? No...I'm part SkyWing anyways...we're just dance partners." While Winter stuttered something along those lines.

The dragon shrugged. "Well, whatever you are, you sure are good together in a dance. You should do another one." He said, pushing them into the line for a reel, despite their protests. "I enjoyed watching you two."

Winter and Moon were at the very end of the line, and just in time too, because the reel had just started.

When at last it was their turn, the two dragonets zoomed in, twirling around each other, grinning and laughing. Moon saw all different colors of dragons. There were even RainWings present. The rainbow colors of the dragons dazzled Moonwatcher, and she grinned delight. She decided she liked reels even better than dances. If this is what regular life in Possibility is like, Moon thought, then I want to stay here forever.

So as you can probably tell, my privileges have once again been provoked. I'm updating by means of my school computer, which I get access to once a week, if I'm lucky. So expect updates to be slow, if anything at all. ☹️😣

Love ya~ 

🔥🐉 WarriorofFire 🌼🔥