Chapter 12

--Moon's PoV--

As Moon flew low across the countryside, looking for Winter, she had some time to think.
She felt sorry for snapping at Winter, but at the same time, wished he would just go away and never came back. Like when he went to the Ice Kingdom (Queendom?) that he stayed there.

Then again, if he had, then he probably would have never came back, he certainly would have died for his brother in the Diamond Challenge.

But would that be a bad thing?

Moon stopped flying completely. What? How could she think something like that? How could she? She knew that he had hurt her and all, but how in the three...

Moonwatcher looked around, she had felt a presence...

She grabbed a fruit from a tree above her, hungry. Was it darker than it had been a second ago?

Moon glanced around, she had been so focused on her thoughts, she didn't see where she was going, and now she was completely and utterly lost.

She was trying to figure out where she was, when a thought caught her attention.

But you left them remember?
That was different, that was to help my long-lost brother.

But yet his mind argued still. Winter hit his head, thinking about how stupid he was for leaving.
Why should they come and find you? You left them, idiot! And you said you were never coming back, you left for good, so-

"But you did come back, and that's what counts."

Winter jumped and turned around, his mind too surprised to be alarmed about Moon reading his mind.

It was silent for a few awkward moments, until Moon summoned enough courage to speak.

"I'm sorry."
Winter was apparently so surprised that he couldn't exactly talk right "Wha-a?"

Moon plundered on, "I had just woken up and I was angry and confused and you were there and I just flew at you," Moon sucked in a breath, "andI'mreallyreallysorryandcanyoupleaseforgiveme?" Moon cringed back, expecting Winter to yell at her or something, like IceWings usually do, but the reprimand never came.

"I'm sorry too."

Moon relaxed, and looked at him disbelievingly, looking at Winters defeated form, keeping a firm lid on his mind.

"Really?"

Winter rolled his eyes, then grinned "No, I was joking, and am super mad at you right now." He said.

Moon looked at him, didn't he just say they he was sorry?. "O-kay," she said somewhat stupidly, then she realized that Winter was being sarcastic and stopped, feeling the heat of a blush creeping up on her scales.

"Let's just get back." Winter suggested and Moon nodded, wondering if she knew the way, or if Winter knew the way.
Oh well, if they couldn't find the way, then Kinkajou or Peril would find them. Maybe even Qibli or Turtle would find them. If that didn't happen, at least there was the two of them, and they weren't stranded alone.

Copy and Paste is a beautiful thing🌼:3