Chapter 18

Qibli's PoV

Qibli was helping set up for the Full Moon Festival, actually having fun for once, not having to hide from anybody. Dragons were now convinced that he had not been in league with the "traitor Nightwing". But the bad thing was, everyone thought so because Moonwatcher had not been seen in four months, and had been assumed dead.

Qibli's throat tightened, and he put his streamer on a lamppost with unusual vehemence. Moon couldn't be dead. No. He had seen her fight, and she was smart enough to evade anyone. She even had most of the Winglet to protect her.

But still, Qibli couldn't shake off the sunken feeling that he would never see Moon again.

Flying down from the lamppost he was decorating, he looked at the sky. It was almost dinnertime, and he was hungry. Volunteers got free lunch from the Volunteer Center, provided they could catch it.

Arriving at the Volunteer Center, Qibli was greeted by a frantic SandWing with a clipboard, "Qibli, you have to help! Someone's elephant has gone on rampage and no one can catch animals like you do!"

"What?" Qibli yelled at the SandWing as he flew through the crowded Center, "Why would someone bring an elephant here? Are they trying to sabotage the festival?" But the clipboard dragon had already rushed to a different spot, going to bother someone else.

Rushing towards the rampaging elephant, Qibli yelled, "Give him some space! He's just panicked!"

As the dragons immediately parted for him, Qibli again felt a sense of wonder at how much these dragons respected him.

When Qibli had come to Possibility, everyone, at least those who knew the doctor Qibli and his Winglet had went to, had recognized him as the dragon who was friends with the Nightwing. He had lived on the streets for awhile, even gotten attacked, but when fire had burnt down several homes, Qibli had been the one to start a committee to fight fires and rebuild burnt-down houses. Dragons had immediately recognized him as a leader, and he was now the most known and respected dragon in Possibility, besides the Mayor.

The elephant trumpeted, and Qibli snapped back to the present. He called for a rope, and grabbed one of the immediately proffered ones. He quickly made a loop, and laid it directly in the elephant's path. After a couple tries, the elephant stepped into it, and Qibli tightened the coil, and the the elephant fell to the ground.

Qibli stepped in and quickly secured the rope on a sturdy pole, "Who's elephant is this?"

A wealthy-looking couple came up to him, "Oh thank you!" said the green SeaWing with emeralds in her scales, "I was so worried the my little Saku wold hurt himself!"

Qibli raised an eyebrow at the name, and the lady's husband, a deep blue SeaWing, moved in protectively, muscles tensing. They must be newlyweds. Qibli's eyes flicked over their attire, and he gave a courtly bow, "And who might you be?" No one with that type of air and regality could possibly be a common dragon. Seeing as they were SeaWings, the husband was probably one of Turtle's brothers.

The male SeaWing stuck out his talons, still tense, "Prince Blue of the SeaWings, eldest son of Queen Coral, and this is my wife, Aquamarine. It is a pleasure to meet you."

Qibli rose and shook the Blue's talons heartily. He always loved being right, "Very nice to meet you as well. I do believe I know one of your brothers." he said cheerfully.

Blue relaxed, and he smiled, "Really? Which one?"

"Turtle."

Blue laughed, "Good ole' Turtle! You from Jade Mountain, then? Is Turtle as lazy as ever?"