Chapter 8

Moon's PoV

Moon woke up to a dragon on fire. She jerked back, only to be held back by colorful talons. Moon struggled. Why couldn't she hear their thoughts? Then a voice said, "Shhh, don't move, Moon, you're hurt."

Moon stopped when she heard Kinkajou's voice and blinked, then realized her "dragon on fire" was actually Peril.

She glanced around the cave she was in, wondering where they were.

"W-what happened?" Moon asked groggily. Then she saw something- no, someone that made her want to pass out again. A certain dragon that she had thought was her friend, but now she was having second thoughts about that.

A certain dragon who had tried to kill her.

"What are you doing here?" Moon glared at the slumped Winter "Shouldn't you be off with your murderous friends?"

"Look Moon— I," Winter started

"Save it." Moon snarled "You tried to kill me, why are you here anyways, wanted to finish the job? Finally realized that I was a low, rotten, no-good NightWing?"

"No—but Moon—they,"

"I don't want to hear it."

"Okay, okay!" Kinkajou yelled, crossing her talons in a time-out sign "Moon, I want to know what happened —and why as much as you do— he said he would tell us as soon as you woke up, but how about we let him tell us the story, or find a better way of interrogation?"

Moon glared at the ground, then at Winter. "Talk." She commanded

Winter looked at Moon with...was that... fear in his expression? Moon pondered this, wondering why in the world the great nephew of Queen Glacier could ever be scared of her.

Her eyes widened.