[VicFuentes] I Want [ChapterFour]

Something was telling me that I was unlucky. There was something out there that just loved to see me placed in awkward situations. I stood up, holding my hand out for Paul. He grabbed my hand as I pulled him up.

I turned, facing Vic. “Hey, Vic,” I smiled, pulling my hand out of Paul’s grasp. “Do you know where Mike is?” Be happy – that was my plan – forget that anything happened.

Vic looked at Paul who shrugged. “Uh, he should be in the bus.” I nodded, walking out of the venue backdoor and into the PTV bus.

I knocked on the door before opening the door. “Mike Fuentes, I want to talk to you.” Walking up the stairs, I walked into the back room. Mike was sitting on the booth with Tony sitting across from him, the two playing some card game.

Mike looked up at me, smiling, patting down on the empty spot next to him. I slid in, looking at the cards in Mike’s hands. Tony looked at me, wiggling his eyebrows. “I don’t cheat. But if you want to be the king, you have to beat the queen.”

Tony laughed, placing his cards on the table. “I fold.” Mike groaned but smiled, pushing the pile of money in the center of the table towards him.

“What’s up?” Mike asked, handing me the deck of cards. I handed one to Tony and then one to Mike, doing the same once more. “You’re not playing Texas with us?”

I shook my head. “Someone needs to be the dealer.” The guys nodded, peaking at their cards. “No, so your brother overheard an interview question.”

In the past eight hours, Mike and I became close. I opened up to him, telling him everything about me. He was the only person in the world that I let in as quickly as I let him in.

He drew his eyebrows together, looking at Tony as if he would know. “What does that have to do with your mood?”

Tony laughed, shaking his head. “Sydney isn't being moody.” I shook my head no. “She’s just on her period, remember? Maybe her tampon is too far up her-”

“It’s not funny. All girls get it. Can you stop?” Mike and Tony began laughing, slapping their cards down on the table. “Back to what I was talking about before I was interrupted with such childish talk. The interviewer guy asked me if my celebrity crush and I would be getting together since we’re touring with each other and he recently ended things with his longtime girlfriend.”

Tony looked at me, his eyes wide, before laughing. Mike didn’t even look at me, he just began laughing hysterically. I bit my lip, crossing my arms over my chest like a three year old.

I punched Mike’s shoulder. “I'm glad that you find it funny, Mike. Just to let you know, Vic’s got some weird emotions going through him.”

Standing up, Tony grabbed onto my wrist. “What do you mean by that?” His brown eyes grew big, looking into mine. “Sydney, what’s wrong with Vic?”

Crinkling my nose, I slapped at his wrist. “One, let go of me. You must have forgotten that I’ve been surrounded by guys who are very protective of me for the past ten years of my life and they taught me how to fight.”

Tony removed his fingers from my wrist, placing his hands on the table in front of him. Mike looked at Tony, biting his bottom lip. “Did he say anything about Cara?”

I shook my head, shifting my weight to my left leg. “He said nothing about her. When he heard the guy over the phone ask about him, he got all happy. Then when I tried to play it off like it was a rumor, he got all distant and told me that he didn’t want tour to be awkward.”

The two of them looked at me, raising their eyebrows. “Are you stupid?” Tony asked, his mouth hanging open. “I thought that girls figured these things out, Mike.”

He looked at me, staring into my eyes. “Oh, my god. Sydney, think about this. Vic gets happy when he hears you have a crush on him. He gets sad when you say it was a rumor.”

I nodded, not understanding why I have to hear it again. “Mike, it wasn’t funny the first time. I don’t want to hear a recap of what happened.”

“She’s twenty five, right?” Tony asked Mike. Mike nodded, looking back at me with no expression whatsoever. “Sydney, have you ever considered that Vic has feelings for you?”

Vic has feelings for me? That wasn’t possible. We just met eight hours ago. What I feel for Vic isn't exactly feelings; I'm in love with his lyrics, his interviews, not necessarily him. He doesn’t know me. He just broke up with his longtime girlfriend.

“Tony, can you stop?” I grabbed the hem of my leather pants with both hands. “Telling me that Vic has feelings for me makes me confused. He just broke up with his girlfriend; I'm not a rebound. We just met eight hours ago. A celebrity crush is different from an actual crush! What if I don’t want a relationship?”

Mike shoved the cards on the table away from him. “You want a relationship; you’re afraid of rejection and you’re afraid of not being perfect. But is it really different, Sydney? Are those two types of crushes really different once you meet the person?”