"Rana basically doesn't talk. Although she'll obey my commands, and sometimes even act spoiled to me, she doesn't talk." Natsuya smiled wryly, "I originally intended to have her watch out for your safety, but it seems like I don't need to even give her that order anymore." Her expression was like a mother who was witnessing her daughter attempt to obtain a boyfriend.

Seiji was confused as well. Rana's inexplicable friendliness wasn't something that could be explained by merely his handsome appearance... Was this a hidden effect of his charisma stat?

In all honesty, the true reason was of no importance—Seiji only felt a fatherly affection for the girl resting in his arms. Even though he didn't want to admit it, his true essence was that of a middle-aged man already!

There was a brief moment of silence.

"Oh, what should I do now?"

"You don't need to do anything. I originally intended to introduce Rana to you before finishing our conversation, but it seems like... Why don't you just sit down for a little while?" Natsuya said rather helplessly, before suddenly glaring at him: "I don't think you're this type of person, but just in case, I will warn you: Rana is my Guardian Retainer, so don't get any ideas about her! She's quite powerful... as am I, do you understand!?"

"Yes, Madam President!" Seiji could only respond to her in a serious manner. "By the way, what exactly is a Spirit-branded Retainer?"

"A Spirit-branded Retainer is someone with spiritual power that signs a contract with a Yin Yang master...In manga, Spirit-branded Retainers are typically some sort of demons or spirits, but real-life Yin Yang masters will have contracts with humans that possess spiritual power and utilize the powers of demons, spirits, spells, and so on to increase their Spirit-branded Retainer's power, while the Retainer fights for their master."

"I see." Seiji nodded in understanding. "You... probably have more Retainers than just Kirin, right?"

"It's not strange that you were able to guess... you're correct, the vice president of the student council, Hitaka Shuho, is also my Retainer. With my current abilities, I can only maintain two Spirit-branded Retainers," Natsuya stated.

"How many Spirit-branded Retainers can a person have?"

"As long as your spiritual energy is sufficient, in theory, you can have an infinite number, but in reality... Your family's strongest ancestor Seimei Kamiaki had 12 high-ranked Retainers, 72 mid-ranked Retainers, and 856 low-ranked Retainers. The amount that he could control far surpassed any other Yin Yang master in history; nobody has ever broken his record."

"Spirit-branded Retainers have rankings?"

"Of course they do. Their ranking is dependent on the level of spiritual power and type of energy the Retainer possesses, along with the Yin Yang master's spiritual power and summoning spell strength. Spirit-branded Retainers are separated into high, mid, and low ranks, and there's huge power differences between each rank."

"Then what ranks are Kirin and the vice president?"