"Oh, that?" Chiaki blinked, "actually that's one of the legends of our school—a mysterious middle school girl who pops up occasionally. Apparently, she's ultra cute, has heterochromia, and likes wearing cat ears."

"Oh?" Seiji was surprised for an instant.

That description sounded familiar.

"The strange thing is that there are no girls in the entire middle school section that have heterochromia, not to mention anyone that typically wears cat ears. Even if she wears contact lenses and cat ears only when she's out having fun. Although people who have personally seen her have searched the entire middle school section, they still weren't able to discover her identity!" Chiaki described it as if it was an urban legend. "That's why this girl has become a legend at our school known as 'the wandering heterochromia cat-eared middle-schooler,' although it's a little lacking to become one of the seven wonders of our school."

"I've heard about this legend as well... according to my upperclassman in tennis club, it started only this year, with the recent batch of new students." Mika added.

"That's right. Our drama club president was very interested in this legend and wanted to capture the real creature after hearing the story, but just as you saw before, she's failed every time."

'They're really treating this girl like a legendary Pokemon!?' Seiji was rendered speechless.

"This legendary creature... er, girl, I think I saw her once before." Seiji said hesitantly.

"Really!? When?" Mika and Chiaki were astounded.

"On the first day I transferred here, I coincidentally saw her after lunch during the time when you were taking me around to tour the school grounds." Seiji recalled the previous incident. "Just like you described, I saw a very cute girl with heterochromia that was wearing cat ears... She was wearing the middle school uniform and was short and petite, like a first-year middle school student... She scurried off so quickly that she disappeared instantly."

"Why didn't you tell us at that time!?"

"She disappeared before I could tell you; I thought that she was just an ordinary girl who enjoyed cosplaying."

"It's already out of the ordinary for a middle school girl to enjoy cosplaying!" Chiaki forcefully commented. "Darn it, I didn't even get to see her—I also want to see that legendary creature!" She lifted her head to the sky with an expression filled with regret.

"Chiaki loves cats..." Mika explained.

"I see." Seiji nodded sagely.

The two of them calmly observed the tomboy in male clothes who was wallowing in a sea of regret.

After classes were over, in the afternoon.

Seiji was just about to go home together with Mika, when he received a call from Natsuya Yoruhana.

"Harano-kun, can you swing by the student council room? There's something important I need to say to you."

After some momentary confusion, Seiji agreed.

"What's the matter, Seigo?" Mika and Chiaki came over.

"The student president wants me to go to the student council room... by the way, where is that?"

Mika and Chiaki looked at each other awkwardly.

"Oh right, student council..." Before they were able to say anything, Seiji thought of someone.

"Secretary Ooike!"

Kazufuru Ooike felt a sudden chill run down his spine just as he was leaving class, and he instinctively increased his pace, but a large hand clasped firmly down on his shoulder.