CHAPTER 13 weddings are full of drama

Start from the beginning

She rolled her eyes.
"What am saying is, its the timing I'm bothered with. Its a few days to your wedding, why now?"

Zahra then asked me what my own opinion was,
"I understand that since it was arranged, maybe you're just knowing each other now and that's the reason you want to do it now."
"If there's any possibility that anything would stop the wedding, its better you wait till afterwards, but if you're really sure nothing will pop up and this is what you want, then why not?"
Zahra nodded to this,

"Just make sure to use protection and an after pill to be 100% certain."

"He's coming today"
"Who?"
"Khalil, I sent him your address. He's already texted that he's on his way."

"You naughty girl, that's why you brought up the time."

"Well, what are you wearing, just in case." I wriggled my brows at her.

She just looked blankly at me.
"Dont worry, I have new packs of lingerie. We'll pack a bag for you."

"Dont forget to add the after pill, Mila. And Zahra, make sure you insist on using protection."

"Ill even add 2 to the bag, just incase. Zahra, when you get to his place, shower, brush your teeth and then put this red or pink piece on. I'm adding this robe, then you chill with him or rest, whatever you guys will do."

" The robe will be easy to take off but remember if you don't want to, don't."
Hauwa continued.

"And if along the line, you change your mind, stop him and call us, okay?"

"Sure, thank you. He's here now." Zahra looked at her phone.
Just that moment, we heard a knock.
Hauwa rushed to the door and I smiled because I knew she was going to drill Khalil.

Zahra hugged me and I hugged her back because I knew I had gotten a new sister.
Then we left the room to see Khalil.
If I had any doubt about both of them before now, their reactions to seeing each other cleared them. Khalil looked so cute and innocent with his glasses. And had eyes only for Zahra who was just staring at the floor, smiling sheepishly.

I noticed Hauwa had been acting a bit strange. I felt we hadn't really talked for a while. After they left, I decided we stay up for movies and gist. This was why I wasn't shocked when she said,

"You're happy, Jamillah. You're getting married and you're happy."
" Now don't get me wrong, I'm deliriously happy that you're happy. And Zahra's happy, and she's getting married. Its just that you know.."

"What?"

"I feel left out." She frowned and pouted.
I had no smart words of wisdom to impart so I just hugged my friend as she dozed off.

¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
I locked myself up in an unused room for hours. I didn't want to lose my mind or spoil something before it was time. My makeup was already done and I was in my dress.
If Aisha's wedding was rowdy, I don't know what this one was. The wedding planner was looking crazy, running around. I needed to preserve my sanity so here I was with peace and quiet. I had already dropped my gift to the couple, a gift Khalil would enjoy mostly though. *wink *wink. I handed it personally to Zahra.

When I eventually stepped out, it was picture time.

Zahra was looking beautiful and radiant

The president looked proud with his wife in tow

I couldn't see Ali anywhere so I went back to my sanctuary after the first outing,

After dressing for the second outing and dancing in with the bride, I quickly changed to my own outfit so I could enjoy the wedding now that my own duties were seen to.
This was when I saw him, Jamal.
He was walking towards me. I quickly scanned the place for Ali but he was taking a photo with the groom and the rest of the groomsmen.

"Mila, how long it has been. You look ravishing."
His hands went to my elbows.
"Let's take a walk."
"I'd rather not, Jamal." I gently pulled away. "My fiancé s family is here."

"Fiancé ? Last I heard, he was yet to propose. Has he already?"

"No, he hasn't."

"So he's not your fiancé, is he?"

"What do you want, Jamal?"
"I want this to stop, Mila. This bridge between us. Remember how close we were? For old time's sake, let's reconcile."

"How is my love doing?" I turned to see Ali walking towards me.
"Babe, this is Jamal."
As he reached me, he turned to watch Jamal.
"Jamal, yes, you told me he WAS ONCE YOUR FRIEND FROM SCHOOL."
He brought a hand forward to shake him. At that time, numerous photographers for the wedding surrounded us starting to take pictures. Very naturally, Ali returned to my side holding me, his lips coming to my cheek. I wasn't sure if it was for the benefit of the photographers or Jamal. All I knew was Jamal was watching his full of the drama. The position depicted he was totally into me, almost like he was worshipping me

Immediately the photographers left, he turned back to Jamal,
"How are you enjoying the occasion. Hope you've had something to eat?"
As soon as Jamal nodded and before he could speak,
"We'll leave you to it then."
Holding my waist, Ali steered me away.