Foreword

Welcome each and everyone!

Alright, now that the mandatory ALW reference is done, I'm free to make the usual announcements!

It's an honour to have you all here, whether you're a veteran phan, a newcommer (welcome, we have philosophical rants, great soundtracks, books, fics and awesome merch to get you started!) or someone who's just looking for a new phic to follow! This one will be running for around ten months; I hope you'll stay along for the ride!

For legal reasons I have to state that I don't own quite a few of these characters, such as Erik or Christine. I'm sure you'll know which characters are mine and which aren't!

I also need to say something about triggers: there are one or two chapters where I've included trigger warnings at the start. Although I haven't written anything truly graphic, please understand that this is just me covering my back. Chances are there won't be much upset over those pieces, but I'm just making sure.

This fic revolves around one simple question: what if he wasn't alone? Over the course of the next few months, we will follow Nikita de La Chance as her friendship with the Phantom is tested to its limits, with him falling into insanity over the beautiful soprano, Christine Daae, and Nikita herself finding a new friendship, which leads her to question why she's lived as she has for so long.

Ok, finished! Right, now, we phanfic!

Your prologue will be brought to you by M. le Fantôme! Enjoy!