Chapter 13: Wolf Got Your Tongue?

Song: You Get My Love by Pink

My Luna...

My Luna...

My Luna...

Those words kept replaying in my mind over and over.

I hadn't slept for longer than an hour since returning home from the date. Zachariah was out cold beside me on the bed and I was on my side with my head propped on my hand, just flat out admiring him.

How can this man be so dead sure in my ability to oversea the life of so many lives?

That was the question that stuck to my mind. After reassuring me that I would be amazing at the role of being luna our date resumed and it was really nice to just relax and get to know each other. I could tell that Zachariah was extremely happy that I now knew every important thing about him and I shared his happiness for a while until he started bringing up some of the 'duites' that I would be overseeing as luna and even though I kept my outward appearance in agreement with what he was feeling...on the inside I had started to freak out on a whole other level.

I managed to make it through the rest of the date without slipping up and when it was time I had politely kissed him goodnight and pretended to go to sleep. Once Zachariah was sound asleep I let that outter wall crumble and I started going through every possible negative scenario that I could think of.

The endess possibilities of doom that awaited me was bringing my anxiety back and I didn't like it one bit. It reminded me too much of the state I was in when I lost Sean and when I later lost Annabelle. And now here I was; slowly but surely slipping back into the pool of endless worry which would eventually drive me mad.

I needed to tallk to Zachariah about this. I couldn't keep my feelings on this silent. It affected more than just him and I. It affected hundreds of lives: Living and those still to be born.

Despite all the inner turmoil about probably shattering his happy moment I decided that tomorrow morning I would bring this up. I looked over his shoulder to the digital clock on his nightstand. 03h18. I sighed and plopped onto my back. Immediately Zachariah moved and curled himself half into my side and half on top of me with his head resting neatly on my breasts and his arms winding themselves around me. I bit my lip to hold in my laugh. He was so cute. My smile faded when I thought of what reactions could possibly overtake him tomorrow during our 'conversation'. I sighed once again. What will happen is going to happen. I just needed to gather all the reasons why I wouldn't be fit as a luna.

I fell asleep sometime later with my list just about completed. Whether or not he still wanted me after this was up to him and I prayed that I wouldn't lose him. I couldn't lose him.

* * *

I slowly peeled my eyes open with a satisfied sigh.

The room was still dark thanks to the black out material of the curtains of Zachariah's room but I could spot the sunlight peeking out from the bottom. Happy that I was able to adjust to the light in my own time I stretched good and well...and realised that I was alone in the bed. That had me shooting straight up. I checked the time on the clock: 14h48. My eyes widened when the full extent of the time registered. Damn...I slept half the day away.

Zachariah had told me before we went to sleep that I shouldn't panic if I woke up and he wasn't there. He said there were duties he couldn't ignore anymore and he would be up slightly earlier than he usually would to get a head start on the work waiting for him.

Getting up I made my way into the bathroom and got ready for the day.

Once I was dressed in a simple white maxi-dress with my hair left loose I walked bare foot out of the room and to his office, which he made sure I had memorised the way to on the date, ready to begin this conversation.