Chapter 12: Replay

Song: I Will Love You By Gin Wigmore

My favorite spicy scent surrounded me as someone shook me slightly to wake me up. I slowly opened my eyes to beautiful grey ones that were filled with happiness. Zachariah... he had saved me. My heart swelled at the memory of him being so bold as to crash a wedding.

"Sorry to wake you but we are almost back home." he said softly and I slowly pulled myself out of his grasp to see familiar trees flying past the car windows. My heart leaped with joy at the sight before my eyes.

Looking around the car I noticed Nicholas and Darius were fast asleep. Darius however was splayed all over the show with his legs half on the seat half on the floor and his head on Nick's lap. Nicholas was lying with his head tilted back onto the head rest and his one hand resting on Darius' chest and the other on the door. I snickered at the scene before me and I wished I had a phone to snap it.

As if reading my thoughts a phone was slid into my view with the camera ready for action. I gave Zachariah a beaming smile and began snapping pictures. I made sure the flash was off so I could get a few good takes without them being woken up. Eventually I needed the flash and I snapped a photo. The most the two did was scrunch up their faces and I sat their dumbfounded at their ability to sleep through most things. The road wasn't exactly smooth either.

"Just how tired are you guys?" I asked and turned back to Zachariah to hand his phone back. Inspecting him I saw he had slight circles under his eyes and I touched them with a finger. He closed his eyes and allowed me to look him over.

"Zachariah, what happened after I was kidnapped?" he slowly opened his eyes and let his eyes trace over me. I still had my veil on. I wanted to take everything off at the same time and it was pretty stuck in my hair. It would take a while before I could get it out.

"They shot me with so much tranquilizers that after a while it managed to knock me out before I could do any damage. When I came to Shaun had already tracked where you were. Those two guys who lead the attack-"

"Sebastian and Stan." I figured and he nodded.

"They saw Shaun there and spoke to him. They told us what exactly was happening and how Lucien had manipulated them into doing what he wanted. When he came back he reported everything and we began forming a plan of how to get you back. The problem was no one knew just exactly how much Lucien was set on you marrying his son until they said they saw him running down the halls like a mad man after he had spoken to you. They said he was shouting that his daughter in law to be was some kind of gift from the goddess. They thought he was mad until we explained the situation to them. That made them panic and they said we had to come up with a plan to stop it. Because once you were mated there was no way Gage would ever let you go and Lucien was set on making the world's most powerful alpha pups..." a low growl slipped out and I placed my hand on his chest calming him down instantly. His hand was rubbing up and down my back. If it wasn't for me wanting to know what happened I would've fallen asleep again but I knew he was doing it to keep himself calm.

"We were so busy creating plans that by the time we were done it was time to execute it. So no, we hadn't slept since you were gone." my gaze softened as I smiled and gave him a hug after I climbed into his lap. The movement causing him to laugh. He hugged me tightly back.

"I have absolutely no idea what I would have done if I had come a moment later. I'm just glad I got there in time and saved you." I smiled into his neck.

"Thank you for saving me. It was nice to be saved for once." his chuckle rumbled through me.

"Anytime." was all he said and I pulled back to stare into his eyes. They were light with happiness and I was pretty sure mine were the same. Leaning down I kissed him. He wasn't expecting it and froze for a second before he came alive and kissed me full force. It wasn't like the kiss that happened on his pack lands but it still had a dazzling effect on me and my body responded just as well. It was slow and sweet. His arms had looped around me and rested lazily on my hips while my hands were resting on his face as I tasted him fully. His scent wafted into my nose again and I broke off to breath it in.