Chapter 43

~

~

I sat on the chair next to Jughead, Betty had dropped out helping Veronica with her campaign, not like anyone could change her mind, instead the young raven haired girl asked Archie to help her.

"Okay, now, just a quick reminder that this School Hall is a PTA-sponsored event." Alice spoke up, looking at everyone. "Oh! We have our first question." She pointed over at Sweet Pea who was standing in the audience.

"Yeah." He called out "No offense to the current administration, but it feels like no one's looking out for the students being busted in from the Southside. Will that change?" He asked, while Fangs patted his back.

"Absolutely, Sweet Pea." Jughead spoke into the microphone he was holding "It's our priority, no one should be marginalized or excluded here."

"Jughead and I will be representing all students." I spoke into my own microphone, smiling warmly "North and Southside alike."

"Next question." Alice spoke up looking along the audience until she saw Midge holding her hand up, waiting to be called on "Yes, Midge."

"My question is for Archie and Veronica." Midge spoke as she stood up "Rumor has it that your parents will soon be on opposite sides of the mayoral election, won't that negatively affect your working relationship?"

I smirked as I turned to look at the couple, Archie was running his fingers through his hair as his eyes locked onto mine "Archie and I adhere to the old maxim: that politics are never discussed at the dinner table or the cafeteria table." Everyone laughed while I just rolled my eyes and looked away from Archie who was still glancing at me, before I saw him look away.

Maybe he still feels guilty for what he did it us, pulling us away from our protest, like I'm ever gonna let him down or forgive him easily. He'll have to pay for it, and it better be good. "Veronica and I are on the same page, including her family's plans for a prison on the Southside." It suddenly went quieter, I could have laughed, was he seriously bringing that up?

"In the mean time." Veronica said, trying to lighten the mood "However we're committed to improving life at Riverdale High, which means more extracurriculars—"

"Reggie and I agree, except add the fact that we can, and will, deliver results." Josie cut Veronica off "And we're chill, unlike these guys." Reggie added while everyone chuckled again, even Alice cracked a small smile.
.
.
.
.
My hand was holding Jugheads tightly as FP was talking to Alice on the phone "East, Alice, hold on." He said, pacing the room "Turn to channel 8, right now." He demanded, looking at me.

I grabbed the remote and did what he asked, my eyes immediately widening, Holy fucking shit. "it's not yet known how or when the car first entered the swamp, but foul play had not been ruled out."

"They found it." I muttered, turning my head to look at Jughead "They fucking found it." Jughead pulled me towards him and embraced me, this could end us, end us all.
.
.
.
.
Jughead, Betty and I sat on one side of rye booty in at pop's, my heart racing as I held onto the cup of tea, trying to make He warmth of it calm me down. FP and Alice sat across from us, none of us touching the food that was placed on the table.

"We should'be known better." Jughead spoke up "I should have known better, we should have driven that car out of town."

"No. You couldn't have known Junkyard Steve drags the swamp for peoples castoffs. It's dumb luck." FP spoke up, wearing his work uniform, Jughead's hand was still clutching onto mine, ever since we got the news last night, he hasn't let me out of his sights, like he's scared to be alone.

"It's Jones luck, you mean." Jughead responded, I sighed and looked up at him, rubbing my thumb over the back of his hand for comfort, or for my own comfort.

"Chic should be here." I muttered "He did after all, kill the guy."

"Don't worry about Chic." Alice said looking at me. Betty sighed "Normally I'd disagree, definitely worry about Chic, but he doesn't know about the car."

"We wipes the thing clean of prints." Jughead muttered.

"Wearing gloves?" FP asked, Jughead and I looked at each other, I don't remember wearing gloves, but the other two did, I think.

"I think so." Jughead said looking Betty who nodded and responded with "I'm pretty sure." I just stayed quiet, I seriously don't remember wearing gloves. But maybe I did.

"Why do you mean you think so?" FP asked, looking at Jughead and Betty. "No, we 100 percent sure." Betty responded, nodding her head. The bell chimed loudly as I turned to see Sheriff Keller walking into Pop's, my heart started to beat faster. "Holy fuck." I whispered, turning back to look at the others.

"If anyone comes asking, we don't know anything." FP warned us, I nodded my head gently, keeping my back facing Keller, maybe if I can't see him, he can't see me. But yet again, this isn't a game. "Don't talk to anyone. Act like everything's normal."

"Including Juliet going home, it would look suspicious if you stayed with the Jones's." Alice added, I chuckled and shook my head.

"Jen and Stefan are okay with me living with FP and Jug, she gave me her word."

"It's true." Jughead nodded, so did FP, I mean FP was slightly afraid of Jen, she can be mean if she doesn't get her way, plus I'm sure she's loving me not being around, means more alone time with Stefan...Ew.

Authors Note,
Sorry this isn't so long, we finally had a warm day where I live, it wasn't raining or anything!! So I took advantage of that! Hopefully I will make the next chapter long.

~Robyn