Chapter 6

Every fairytale comes with the same warning: good children should never go into the woods alone

Every fairytale comes with the same warning: good children should never go into the woods alone. Stray from the path and who knows what you'll encounter. A hungry wolf. A handsome devil. Or maybe something worse.
.
.
.
"Okay, Why was i called here?" I asked while walking into the student lounge, I wasn't meant to be here, I was meant to be at Southside high with the serpents but alas, Kevin Keller called me in a panic, asking for me to meet him.

The gang looked up at me, Betty's eyes held a tinge of what I could only describe as anger, angry that I shouted at my brother, angry that I did the only thing I could to protect him, but she didn't know that.

Jughead held his hand out towards me as i gingerly took it, sitting down in between his legs as he made a motion for Kevin to continue.

He told us how Midge and Moose were out in the woods and Moose was shot multiple times while he shielded Midges body with his so she wasn't hurt.

"It was full-on Carrie." He exclaimed "Midge covered In Moose's blood, screaming like a banshee, it was insane."

"Kev, What were you even doing there." Archie asked as he walked into the room. "You could've been shot too."

Kevin sighed "I was just night-jogging you know, as one does." I rolled my eyes. Night-jogging my ass. "And suddenly, I hear gunshots."

Archie sat down "Can we at least agree there's a killer on the loose?" He asked.

"With terrible aim." Jughead spoke, Archie looked up and shook his head "Jughead, he murdered Ms.Grundy."

"Archie, we don't know that these three crimes are related." Betty spoke up before Veronica spoke up "Guys, can we focus on what matters here?"

I nodded in agreement "Veronica's right, Midge and Moose are alive, So is Archie's Dad who survived."

Veronica smiled at me "Exactly." She suddenly got excited as she looked around the room at all of us "the new season of The Matchlerette starts tonight, you're all coming over to watch."

"There's a shooter terrorizing the town." Jughead started "you really want us to watch a gross dating show?"

"Jughead's right,V." I spoke softly, Veronica sighed and shook her head slightly "What I want is for you guys to meet my dad officially."

I raised my brow slightly "back in New York, my dad was always in his study, doing very bad things, as it turns out. I'm tired of closed doors, I need to know my dad's life and he needs to know mine."

Betty being Betty smiled "Well, we'll be there, V. Can't wait." Wait what, when did I agree to this?

"Thank you." Veronica whispered.

"Hey, Andrews." Reggie spoke as he walked into the room "we're going to the hospital to see Moose, you coming?" He asked.

"Yeah, for sure." Archie answered as he stood up "I'll see you tonight Ronnie." He touched her shoulder gently before walking away with them.