Chapter 33

~

~

I pulled open my wardrobe and scanned through my clothes, i hummed in agreement as I pulled out a blue collared t-shirt.

"You should wear that." I heard someone say from the doorway, I turned around and saw Chic standing there, a slight grin appearing onto his face. "It compliments your eyes."

"Uh, Thanks." I falsely smiled, placing the t-shirt onto my bed next to the jeans and my leather jacket. "Can you, uh, leave?" I turned my head to look at him "So I can change?"

"Sure." Chic answered as he slowly closed the door behind him as he left, I released the breath I didn't know I was holding as I began to change.

Ever since that faithful night, Chic had been acting strange, with both Betty and I, he would stare at us with a certain emotion I couldn't read. I don't mean to sound vain when I say that he does it more to me than Betty, but it's still scary for the both of us.

He follows me around the house, always popping up when I least expect him. But a part of me thinks he only does this because he's lonely, but I don't really know what to think.
.
.
.
"Fair warning, our Shadow Lake chalet is rustic." Veronica started, I was sitting on the arm of the chair Jughead was currently sitting in, my arm lazily strung over his shoulder.

Jerome was sat in the arm chair next to Jughead and I, Betty was sat on his lap as she cuddled up to him, it was absolutely adorable "but it has breathtaking views of the mountains, the water."

"Oh, my god." Betty started "That sounds heavenly, V." She then turned to look at me "Doesn't it, J?"

"Uh, Yeah, absolutely breathtaking." I nodded my head in agreement while sending the raven haired girl a smile before gazing down at the book Jughead was writing in. "What do you say, Jug?"

Jughead looked up at me before looking over at Veronica "As long as it's cool with your dad." He said with a small smile, Veronica proceeded to look over at Archie who spoke up for her "Actually Mr. Lodge suggested it."

"Yeah." Veronica nodded her head, turning to look at us again.

"Well, then cue the dueling banjos." Jughead responded making me chuckle at his choice of words. "What? It'll be a good chance at for me to work on my novel." I leaned down and kissed the top of his head, I heard him chuckle warmly as his hand rubbed my leg for some sort of comfort.

"Excellent." Veronica smiled "Remember, the point of this luxury weekend is to relax and unplug"

"That's exactly what we need." Jerome said as he kissed Betty's cheek, she blushed as she looked up at him, quickly peaking his lips.