Chapter 40

~

~

Everyone knew that Jennifer and I were apart of the Lodge family now, it's been the talk of the town, people also knew thar the loner serpent couple had broken up again. Making it feel all too real for me.

"I just loved your spin piece in the paper, Olivia Pope." Jughead spoke up from his place across from Betty, I was sitting in a chair I had pulled up in between Archie and Veronica.

Archie and I spoke last night at his place as he told me about his alliance with the Lodges, he was apart of the business as well, meaning at least I had two people to talk to about Lodge stuff. Archie was protecting Fred while I was protecting Jughead, if Hiram was to plan anything towards him, I would find out.

"Can we not, Jughead." Veronica replied, frowning.

"Did you know about Southside High closing?" He asked her again "or the prison?" Archie and I shared a knowing look, of course she knew.

"Of course not." Betty spoke up "That was all her parents' doing. Right V."

Veronica and I looked at each other before her gaze switched to Archie, I placed my hand on hers under the table, trying to make her feel better.

"She didn't know." I spoke up in a gentle voice, this was the first time I've spoken to Jughead since the break up "so just back off".

Jughead scoffed "Why? Did you know about it? Since you're a Lodge now."

"No, I didn't." I frowned, Jughead saw my face fall as his softened ever so slightly "I've already told you, Jen got married and Alice basically pawned me off and let Stefan and Jen adopt me."

"My mother did what?" Betty asked, turning to look at me "She told us you just left to live with Jen again, not that she sighed adoption papers."

"You didn't know?" I furrowed my brows, maybe Alice was happy to get rid of me then. "Oh, I'm sorry."

"Don't be." Betty shook her head "It's not your fault."

"I'm going on a hunger strike." Jughead mentioned loudly making me cover my mouth as I snorted "to protest Southside High closing." Wait, why didn't I hear about this, I mean I'll stand up for my school, but I will not go on a hunger strike, I love food and I know my boy—my friend likes food too. "And get it reopened."

Archie also started to chuckle as he bit Into his sandwich. "What?" Jughead asked him, sounding offended. "Sorry, man, it's just—you're always eating." He confessed looking at Jughead "Good luck with that, but—"

"Hey, if he wants go on a hunger strike, let him." I defended Jughead, "we will support his decision of protesting peacefully, won't we?"

Jughead gave me a sad smile, a look of conflict twinkled in his eyes, before I could say anything to him Ethel walked over to us.