Chapter 35

I walked down the stairs, feeling better than I did yesterday

I walked down the stairs, feeling better than I did yesterday. Jughead and I had talked it out together all night, he kept saying sorry and that he wasn't thinking properly, all the emotions inside of him coming out.

Of course I was cautious at first, not wanting to say the wrong thing and make everything worse, not wanting my insecurities to get the best of me.

"Babe, are you alright now?" Veronica asked as she stood by the front door, placing her white umbrella down, I hesitated before nodding my head. Veronica and I haven't actually talked about the whole situation that happened, but I could see the guilt in her eyes and the sadness in them. But I don't think the sadness was because of last night.

"Yeah, I'm good." I smiled slightly, wrapping my denim jacket tighter around me. Veronica nodded and walked forward "So, I was thinking that us girls go out shopping and leave the boys to entertain each other."

Betty, who was sitting on the couch next to Jerome, looked up at us, a small smile gracing her face as she nodded "I'm in."

Jerome groaned "But I don't wanna be left here with Jughead and Archie, they'll bore me to death"

"Too bad." I smirked, walking over and
Flicking his forehead "Do some manly bonding time together."

"I'm hardly ever up for bonding with anyone." Jerome shook his head, I vaguely heard Betty and Veronica say they were going to get dressed, but i ignored them while Jerome and I continued our daily banter.

"You're always up for bonding with, Betty." I smirked, sitting down next to him "I walked past your room last night, I think you're the one who needs the bed checking out, keeps squeaking."

Jerome chuckled while a small tint of red appeared on his cheeks, his green eyes glazing over with embarrassment "Shut-up, Julie." He muttered.

"Pay back is a bitch." I chuckled, ruffling his hair.
.
.
.
"So, Juliet, unless that was some seriously aggressive hand holding I hard through the wall last night." Veronica spoke as she turned to look at me as we walked through the shop, I turned to look at her while I chuckled, maybe something more did happen between Jughead and I after we talked. "When did that start?"

"Um, a few months after we started dating." I muttered, looking at some sketchpads and pencils that were stacked along the shelves."

"Really?" Veronica asked, giving me a little smirk.

"Mm-hm." I hummed while smiling at Betty who nudged me, I picked up some pencils and beautiful dark red sketchpad and walked towards the cashier and placed them onto the counter.