Chapter 11

The clear blue sky with the shining rays of sun welcomed another day for Risana. The sweet rays playing hide and seek with her. Her smile playing with the strings of their heart.

It was one of the usual mornings for Risana making breakfast for Aslan. She was in middle of mixing the pancake batter when she felt his present. Her heart missed a beat or two she wasn't sure. "We need to talk Risana," Aslan said. Risana knew this moment would come, she dreaded it. However, with a smile she turned around to face her biggest fear. "Yes" she whispered. Aslan was silent for a few moments only looking at her. She could feel his gaze over her, burning her everywhere it touched. "Umm, I don't know how to say this. F**k, this is happening." Aslan shouted. Risana was preparing herself for the dreaded word. She knew it was over now. Her heart clenching terribly inside her. She didn't want to end it. She didn't want to leave him. Little drops of pearl lining her eyes. "Honeymoon" he said. She knew. This was it. It is all over. Oh, wait, what he said!! The bowl of batter dropped out of her hands. She couldn't believe her ears. "Pardon me. Can you please repeat?" Risana asked shocked. "Yeah, I know it's hard to believe but it is happening. Dad is hell bent on sending us to honeymoon. I tried to..." before Aslan could finish his words an overly excited Risana squealed and jumped on him. "Honeymoon, you seriously mean it. You mean we are going out. As in out of country. Yaaaaayyyyy . Can you believe? I can't at all. I will be in a plane. Oh my god. It's so awesome. I will in sky with the birds. Yyooooohooo , oh no oh no I gotta go shopping. There is so much to do where do I start from!!!." Risana blabbed as she paced around the kitchen with a wide smile on her face, the broken bowl of batter long forgotten.

"You can start with making my breakfast," replied an overly shocked Aslan. Even in his dream he didn't expected this kind of reaction from her. He didn't even know she could talk this much. Oh god, he could still feel the feeling of her body pressed against him. In addition, that was a feeling that he never felt. He felt at home. It was strange to feel like that, specially with her. He didn't want to but he did felt that. Moreover, she didn't even notice their first hug. He was somehow offended by it. Nevertheless, why was he!!! He shouldn't be. It should not matter to him.

"Oh I'm so sorry. I was so excited that I forgot. Please wait 2 minutes, it will done." Risana's voice broke his unrestrained thoughts. "You were so excited about your honeymoon that you forgot your husband?" asked an irritated Aslan. "Yeah, kind of" Risana replied sheepishly. "2 minutes" Aslan said and walked out of the kitchen with a foul mood for reasons unknown to him.

At the table, Aslan was going through the stock news when freshly made pancakes were presented before him with a smiling Risana. Her smile so wide that it can tear her face into half.

Aslan tried to ignore her, key word being tried. Before he can take a bite, her voice chirped, "When are we leaving?" Aslan sighed "this Friday" "what!!!! Aaaah, seriously!!. Oh my god. " Risana squealed again. "It's so near. I have so less time to prepare. How will I manage? Oh, god I have to make a list. ..." she continued her blabbering. He ignored her and tried to take another bite but before he could, "where are we going? Can I please choose the place? Please" Risana asked with the sweetest voice she could muster. "Yes you can." Aslan replied irritated. "Yeeeesss. Thank you. Thank you so much. You will not regret trusting me. Believe me." Risana assured him with a dreamy eyes and board smile. "Can I now please eat?" he shouted, anger in his eyes. If look could kill , she would be dead right now. Risana gave an awkward smile "yeah, sure please continue."

That morning while leaving Aslan stopped in front of the car. He knew every morning Risana came at the door to wave at him. Though it irritated him, of course irritated him, he completely disliked to see her face but he was curious today, what if she didn't come today! What if she forgot in her excitement! For reason unknown, it didn't settle well with him. He wanted her to come. He wanted to see her ugly face. What's wrong with him, he thought. After a deep breath, he turned around and there she was, at the door, waving at him with a board smile that made the sun shy away. He didn't know why the hell in this world, her smile brought a smile on his face. Her ugly smile made him happy. It's not normal.