XIV: Play

Alexis

Monday

I tried having a normal day at school. Monica was nowhere to be found, but her absence was certainly excused.

People all around me were talking about the party on Friday, and what had happened to her. It was bothering me so much.

"Are you okay?" Chandler asked me, his spot was now next to mine.

"I just can't stop thinking about Monica, what's going to happen to her?" I responded. The dark clouds in the sky just added to my mood.

"Her mom can't find out about what happened, so she might have to stay at Ron's place-"

"What? You mean, your house?" I asked in disbelief, "Sam will become upset."

"Yeah, but Ron's dad is coming to town, to stay with us. Since he found out that somebody that Ron bit turned, he's basically adopting Monica," Chandler sighed.

"Mr. and Mrs. Riggs?" our teacher interrupted. I felt all eyes on us, and my face flushed, "not in my class."

After the bell rang, Chandler and I walked for lunch. We decided to leave the school, with whispers and stares from students around us.

"Alexis!" a familiar voice called behind me.

I turned around and to my surprise, it was Sam. He immediately looked at Chandler.

"Can we have a minute?" he said in a flat, but rude tone. Chandler backed away for a minute. It was useless, knowing Chandler could hear everything we say.

"Have you seen Monica? She hasn't texted me since Saturday," Sam said, in a worried tone.

"I haven't, what's wrong?"

"Things haven't been really working out between us and she's been acting cold and distant," he muttered.

"Oh, I'm sorry," I said to him, not really knowing what to say.

We got into Chandler's car, leaving for lunch. He never really ate, and I guess that's a thing for vampires.

"Have you seen Monica?" I asked Chandler.

He cleared his throat and said, "shes at my place with my uncle."

"God, Chandler, won't her mom freak out?"

"I've already taken care of that," he said, flatly. I almost forgot about mind control.

After that, Chandler took me out for lunch, and it felt different that day. It felt gloomy, and weird without Monica.

I brushed my teeth and brushed my hair. It stayed down, I didn't feel like putting it up at the moment. I had to finish homework anyways.

I sat on my bed with my binder opened in front of me. I'm behind on school.

A small knock came from my door, and knowing it's my mom, I told her she could come in.

"Hey baby," she smiled, with obvious red eyes from crying, "everything okay?"

"Yeah, and you?" I asked curiously, as she sat down beside me.

"I'm okay, still trying to get over the whole situation with Chris," she explained to me, I hated seeing her like this.

"I'm sorry that I brought him into your life. I just wanted you to finally feel like you had a father figure," she said, with her saddened, green eyes.