V: Find me

Alexis' POV

"Need any help?" I ask, standing in Chandler's room with my arms over my chest.
"I'm almost done," he huffs in irritation. He shoves his dark colored clothes inside his suitcase.
"Alright," I say, glancing all around his empty room.
"You didn't tell me about Ron before."

"He's an ignorant asshole, that's why," he sighs heavily, standing up.
"Oh. You actually have to be out of here by tomorrow?" I reply, looking up at him.
"Yeah, the fact that I don't have parents anymore," Chandler responds, I look down at the floor. I'm not going to be able to see him as much anymore.

"You're not going to be here that much anymore," I frown.
"I can visit you any time, you know," he says, moving my stray hair from my face and tucking it behind my ear.
"Hey," he barely smiles, "I love you."
"Oh please."

I back away, smiling, making him follow me to his bed. I giggle, laying down and letting my hair scatter around me. Chandler gets on top of me and tackles me in kisses on me neck. He leaves a slight bruise and lays beside me.

"I don't want you to leave," I sigh. A long moment of silence passes by.
"We could do it, you know."
"What?" I ask.
"Run off, take off who knows where. You and I, we could make it," he suggests.

(a/n: yeah i know hunger games referencE FIGHT ME)

"Yeah, right," I smile smally.
"You could come with me though."
"I wonder what my parents would say about that," I roll my eyes. A few minutes pass by of deep thoughts and laying beside each other.

"Is it true..."
"Hm?" Chandler says.
"If you don't have human blood, you're weaker?" I curiously ask.
He sighs long before replying, "yeah."
"Why don't you?"
"What?"
"Drink it."
"Are you crazy?"
"What?" I respond.

"That night I took your blood, I could've killed you," he says as we get up.
"But you didn't."
"I could've."
"I'm not afraid of you, Chandler," I sternly say.
"Really?" he smirks.

He comes closer to me, his eyes start changing color. His teeth begin to form, stepping toward me. I flinch, but stand still.
"I'm not."
Chandler goes and sits on his bed. My phone buzzes in my back pocket. It's my school calling. I'm skipping because I want to help Chandler.
"It's just really complicated," he says.
"Hey," I say, smiling, "I love you."

//

Not knowing as much right now, I Google, vampires. I scroll down and click a website. Dracula, sleeping in coffins, burn to sunlight, feeding off of blood. I click that one.

I'm supposed to be writing my essay on US presidents and I'm on the computer in the school library. I decided to come after the lunch break.

I accidentally click on a random article on vampires but find myself reading it anyway. A vampire can be killed by a bite from a werewolf, stab to the heart or fire/water. While reading, someone taps me on the shoulder.

I freak out and turn around.
"You found out about Chandler, huh?" Sam smirks as I sigh in relief.
"You fucking scared me," I whisper.
"Haha. Have you seen Monica?"
"Uhh, no," I say, "she's not here?"
"No."

"I'll text her then," I say, getting my phone. She isn't at school today.
"Already did."
"Have you seen her yesterday? I was just talking to her."
"Something about going to a relatives house," he explains.

"I'll go to her house after school," I say, knowing this is my last period.
"Okay. Text me when you find her."
I nod, taking a huge sigh. I stare into space and think. She didn't tell me about any relatives and she usually doesn't miss school. She's what you would call a good kid.

I notice that it's almost time to leave so I shut down my computer. I gather my notebooks and head out. The library is almost empty by the time I leave. I go to my locker and get my bags for home.

I'm walking to Monica's house. She told me that her parents were gone to visit other family for the week, which just leaves her alone. Yeah, she's an only child. I make my way across the street, keeping my eyes straight on her house.

No lights are on or anything. I make my way to her front door. I knock on it, patiently waiting for a response. I knock again. Nothing. I peek through the little hole and can't really see anything. Randomly, something draws me to the back.

I walk around her house, watching my each step. The weather has taken a turn and gotten colder. As I turn around the corner, I hear a creak. The back door is open.

I've known Monica forever, and I've also known her parents. Being her best friend, I push the back door open a little.
"Hello?" my voice echoes through her house. I go in a little more, silent as ever.

"Monica? Hello?" I say. No answer. A chill runs up my spine. In the doorway, leads a few stairs to the kitchen. Her car keys are on the counter, along with her phone.

I turn it on, over fifteen missed calls and texts. I glare, noticing her background picture is her and Sam. I smile slightly at it. I turn it off, noticing the real problem. She's gone missing.

I walk there and the lights are off. I begin to walk towards the next room, the living room.

"Monica, this isn't funny!" I shout, with my school bag around my shoulder. I sigh, deciding to go up to her room.

I head inside, everything in neat place. She's a neat freak. I walk around her room, posters pinned up, school pictures and her laptop rested on her bed. It's left open and it's dead.

I get a really creepy feeling inside. I've never felt this way before I came here.
"Monica, where are you?" I sigh. Sitting on her bed, I feel a weird tension. It gets colder and my nerves tense up, being alone. Suddenly, my phone rings loudly, scaring the utter shit out of me.

"Oh, fuck!" I scream, getting it out. It's Chandler calling, and I answer it.
"Hey babe," I can feel the smirk on his face.
"What the fuck do you want?"
"Where are you?"
"At Monica's. She's not here," I reply, standing up and walking around.
"Where is she?"

I stand at her dresser, looking at old school photos of us.
"That's what I'm trying to find out," I nervously say.
"Wow."
"We might have to call the police."
I sigh, looking at a photo of us in our freshman year at a party. I kind of smile, getting lost in thought.
"Are you okay?" he asks.

Suddenly, I find a weird note stuck to her dresser. I glare at it and pick it up. I read the vintage, careful handwriting, ignoring Chandler. My mouth suddenly drops.

Come and find me. -R