IV: Dead to Me

Rewriting this for the 93759262947283 time. sigh. but hope you enjoy the better chapter. It's pretty long, so be ready. 1700+ words. Merry Christmas.

November 7, 1867

"Come on, Chandler!" Meghan shouts from above, in the tree.
"I'm alright down here," I lie, smiling nervously. The sun shines on Meghan's fresh as a raindrop face. Her pale skin brings out her emerald green eyes that cast spells over me. The tree rests on a tall hill that we're on over the valley. The bright sun begins to set.

"Don't be a coward," she teases. I take a deep breath and grip the oak tree. I begin to pull myself onto the tree, making my way up to Meghan's level.
"Just a little more," she says, gesturing her hand. I groan as I reach the firm, thick branch that she's on. I sit beside her, letting my feet hang down below me like her.

"Woah," I say, glancing at the sunset. The mixed colors of red, orange and purple surround the sunset. Meghan looks at me, as I do the same. I fall into the gaze of her beautiful eyes.
"I like this," she says while glancing down at her hand.
"What?" I ask, confused.
"Being with you."

She places her hand on mine. I look down from the sudden physical contact and glance up at her.
"I like, being with you, too," I reply, slightly stuttering.
"I wish it could be like this forever," she responds, I give her a questioning look, "you and I."

"But I thought you were with Ron?"
"Chandler, I have to tell you something," she looks down at her swaying feet.
"I like you more than Ron," Meghan confesses.
"Um, I like you-" she cuts me off. She connects her lips to mine, beginning to kiss me. I kiss her back, moving in sync with her soft lips. My first kiss.

November 7, 2015

I wake up from the dream/flashback. I sit up in bed, closing my eyes shut so I can see better. I glance over at my digital clock, 9:36 am, Saturday. I stretch out my arms, yawning in the process. Suddenly, something hot hits my skin.

"Aw, shit!" I shout, falling out of bed. I hold my shoulder, the one that was exposed to the sun. Smoke releases from my pale skin, a red burn immediately forming. I groan in pain.

I head downstairs. My father sits at the counter, with all the curtains shut.
"Did you do it yet?" he asks.
"N-no, not yet," I say. He doesn't know I told Alexis that I'm a vampire.
"You had one task!" he yells.
"I can't do it!" I shout.
"What do you mean you can't do it?!" he violently yells again, smashing a glass cup to the ground.

"I can't just kill Alexis!" I say in a loud tone.
"That's why you make her turn, Chandler!" my father shouts with his eyes turning more angrier.
"She didn't!" I scream. Silence begins to fill the room. A shocked expression forms on his face. Then, the marks under his now red eyes appear. His vampire teeth appear, glaring at me.

He jumps for me, smashing me onto the ground. I groan, feeling the pain but it quickly vanishes. I throw him off of me, looking for a weapon. I quickly grab the wooden broomstick and snap it in half. My father quickly rises and speeds towards me in a millisecond.

"Do it," he smiles as I back away with the sharp half of the broom in my hand.
"This isn't you," I mutter, glaring at him. He just plasters a sinister smile on his face. He kicks me forcefully and I fly back into the wall. I groan, laying there.

"All this time," my father chuckles, "I thought I could trust you, Chandler."
"Why are you doing this?" I mumble, still laying there.
"This is something I knew I should've done a long time ago, Chandler," he evilly laughs, "when you ruined Meghan and I's relationship." I grip the sharp weapon in my hand, getting to my feet really fast. This is definitely not my father.