XII: midnight

hello everyone! i am very sorry about the delay on chapters. life kinda happened. i had school on my mind and focusing on my grades. but i've decided to continue writing. i've been debating whether or not to rewrite "love bites" because it was poorly written. but other than that, thank you so much for reading this! i never thought i'd get much views! i love and appreciate you all. -soreya

//

Alexis' POV

I lightly closed my eyes, lying down on my bed. The last time I checked, it was midnight. What a long, stressful day. My best friend, the one I've known since we were in middle school, is now a creature that I cannot explain. Monica will no longer age, nor have the slight feeling of being human ever again. This breaks my heart, somebody that I once knew is a monster, and forbid anyone even believe me.
That brings me to the conclusion that I fell for a monster. At this point, I've realized that I'm completely, and utterly in love with a vampire. He could easily hurt me again, simply whenever he pleased, but he can't. Of course he can't, Chandler is in love with me.
I drifted off into my thoughts, going from Chandler to Monica, school and my family. They soon faded away, along with my worries. I fell into a deep, peaceful sleep.

//

morning

I'm suddenly startled by a knock on my bedroom door. My clock read 11:13 am. I quickly glance up to see my mother standing at my bedroom door.
"Hey, honey?"
Thinking that I'm in trouble, I responded, "mom, I'm sorry I got home late last night, it won't happen again and-"
"No, it's okay. I trust you, Alexis," she calmly replied, making herself into my room.
She seemed more so in a saddened mood, which was very odd.
"I need to talk to you."
I nodded, and she sat on my bed.
"Chris and I are having a bit of, well, problems," she explained, slowly sighing, "things aren't really working out."
"Why not?" I questioned her gently, sitting up, "I thought everything was fine?"
"Alexis, he's having an affair."
In that moment, I didn't know what to say. My mom has been dating Chris for months now, and they seemed just right for each other.
"Oh, my, I'm so sorry about that, mom," I spoke quietly, and a tear rolled down her cheek.
"He's.. he's moving out in a couple of days, I asked him to leave earlier today after I found out."
"I'm sorry, I don't really know what to say," I said to her in all honesty.
"It's fine, I guess I should've waited awhile before I went back into dating. With all my attention on Chris, we've barely spoken," my mom said, "how's you and Chandler?"
"Uhh, yeah, we're okay," I nervously spoke.
"And Monica?"
Everything from last night suddenly rushes back into my mind, flooding with flash backs of Monica attacking me, and the fear in her eyes from when she found out she was no longer human.
"She's great, mom."

//

evening

"There's this sense of guilt that I got from lying to her," I sighed, pressing my lips together.
"Nobody knows about what's been happening with this whole thing, right?" Chandler asked, staring at me, "the vampire thing?"
"Of course not," I simply stated, "who'd believe me? I can't even believe me."
Chandler and I both sat along the shoreline of the beach, and the sun was setting. There was a forest behind us, at the outskirts of the city, spending time together.
"I don't know how I got used to you," he said to me.
"What do you mean?"
He paused for a second, glancing out at the view in front of us, and replied, "there was a time in my life where I couldn't focus around you, or I'd loose control. The scent of you longed me to hold you, and I still get that. But my dad, was a horrible man, well vampire. He wanted me to make you turn."
"Why did he want you to do that?"
"Around one hundred years ago, he lay eyes on a woman whom he married, his wife, and decided to make her become one of us. And he did, he took something away from her that she never got back," Chandler slowly explained, and I examined his clear, soft and porcelain skin.
"What happened to you?"
"That woman was my mom, and after he took her humanity, he took mine. A vulnerable high school student. He then took me as his son," he spoke softly, and I let him continue, "Alexis, I've been 17 for almost a hundred years."
I believed it, and I had no doubt about it anymore.
"Chandler, it's okay," I said, trying to figure out what exactly to say.
"I'm sorry. I'm sorry, but the second I laid eyes on you, you were hard to read and you bothered me. You are priceless to me, and I'm very protective of you," he confessed, looking down, then at me.
"I never knew that, but you don't have to be sorry," I said quietly.
"I hated the fact that I was so attracted to you, because I never wanted to hurt you, I almost took your life because of my own actions," Chandler said, holding back emotion, "and I am so in love with you."
"Chandler, I love you."
It felt like I was being casted in some sort of spell. The way I felt when he looked me in my eyes made me feel so good. He was like a drug I couldn't have gotten enough of, and I quickly found myself addicted.
Chandler looked me into my eyes, we laid on a blanket next to each other, just staring at each other. I couldn't stop admiring his beauty and complete perfection. I moved closer to him, and pressed my lips against his. We kissed each other slowly, and passionately. My love for Chandler grew that day, especially since he gave me his heart and love. Chandler and I made love that night, romantically.