chapter 8

Richie Tozier

It was going to happen today. Monday on September 8th ,1963. Plan get Rosie was going to go into action. I had figured out that I was going to do it during 1st period because not only is Rosie in that class but so is Greta. Jack is in this class too but that's not that important. When Rosie sees me with Greta she is going to be so distraught by it that she will eventually forget about him.

I had made sure to get to class earlier than I usually do to make sure that I had time before class started. Greta had gotten here a little after me so now we were just waiting on Rosie. It was 8:20 when Rosie finally walked through the doors. She looked stunning as always but I couldn't think about that right now. She went to sit next to Jack and take her books out. It's now or never. As I walked to Greta's desk I started getting nervous. This better fucking works.

"Greta Bowie, will you be my girlfriend?" Gasps were heard but I only focused on Rosie's reaction. Her eyebrows raised and her jaw was dropped just slightly. Perfect. "Oh my gosh yes!" Greta's annoying voice shrieked as she jumped up and hugged me.

As class continued, I saw as Rosie was really distracted and couldn't focus. "Rosie, do you know the answer to the question?" The class focused on Rosie as they waited for an answer. "Umm the Peloponnesian War?" "I'm sure that's the answer to some question but I was actually looking for the area of a rhombus." The class bursted into a fit of giggles.

One thing I hadn't thought though about my plan was that Rosie and Beverly would be having lunch with us now after all the time we spent together at the quarry. When lunch rolled around Rosie walked over to our table but Beverly wasn't anywhere to be found.

"Hey guys." She was met with a collection of "Hey Rosie"'s and "Hello"'s. "So what's up with you guys this fine day?" She said as she looked at everyone but didn't dare make eye contact with us.

"Well actually Richie here was just telling us about how he asked out Greta-" My eyes widened. "Shut up Eds." "What I was just telling her." She slowly nodded and sat down next to Stan.

As lunch continued, Rosie stayed silent for most of the time only occasionally joining into the conversation. About half way through our lunch hour, Greta came over to our table.

"Hi babe." She said as she instantly clung herself to my shoulders. "Hi Greta." Rosie tensed up at the sight of us in front of her. "So I was thinking, you should come over to my house after school. My parents are out of town on a business trip so we would have the whole house to ourselves." I'm about to throw up. We haven't even been dating for a day. "Sounds great babe." With that Rosie stormed away from the table.

Rosie Evans

I would be lying if I said that I wasn't affected by Greta and Richie's new found relationship. It didn't help that Jack hadn't talked to me all day other than in 1st hour. When I sat with my new found group of friends, I couldn't focus on the topic at hand because Richie was sitting right in front of me. Other than that I was having a good time until Greta walked over.

Every word that came out of her mouth made me want to throw up, roll my eyes, and hide in a hole all at the same time. I looked over at Stan and it looked like he was feeling the same way. At least I'm not the only one who hates Greta.

"So I was thinking, you should come over to my house after school. My parents are out of town on a business trip so we would have the whole house to ourselves." I raised my eyebrows at Greta, looking at Richie hoping he wouldn't be dumb enough to say yes. "Sounds great babe." To say I was shocked was an understatement.

Does Richie have any braincells in that big head of his? You would think that Richie would have some common sense to say no considering it's the same day they got together and they're already going to hook up. I couldn't control my anger any longer and seeing as I was done with my lunch, I stormed away from the lunch table.