chapter 6

Rosie Evans

      As Jack drove me home from our date, I thought of how this year had taken a turn in the right direction because of Beverly and her, at the time, stupid dare. I'm going to need to thank her for that later.

      After the movie ended, we were both pretty hungry so we went to the local diner in town, Mel's. They had the best milkshakes and fries in the whole town. When we got there, we shared a strawberry milkshake and some fries to eat. After we were done with that, he started to drive me home.

      As we drove, I hummed softly to the music that played over the radio. With Jack, it was as if we didn't need to say anything to each other. As we said nothing, there was a comfortable silence and it was calming. Somehow the silence seemed to connect us in a way that words never could.

      We arrived at my house not too long after. Just like before he opened my door for me and helped me out of his car. We walked to my front door in silence, still hand in hand.

      "Thank you Jack. I had a great time." I said with a smile plastered on my face.

      "Anytime Rosie. I had a great time too, but that wasn't hard because I was with you." He said taking a step closer to me.

      I blushed and looked down at the ground. When I looked back up at him again, our eyes locked. He began to lean in and close his eyes. Oh my god. Oh my god. This is going to be my first kiss. Holy moly. Oh my god.

      As the voices in my head were screaming at me, without realizing it I began to lean in as well. Our lips met in the middle and words couldn't do it justice. When I thought of kissing, I thought of it as rough and very fast but this was light and slow almost as if he thought I would break if we went rough. All the voices in my head abruptly stopped.

      Our lips broke apart after a couple moments. If I wasn't already bright red before, I was now. I looked down at the ground and back up at him. "Bye Rivers." I said as I opened up the door to my house. "Bye Evans" He said out of breath.

      I closed the door and leaned against it as I took a moment to realize what just happened.

      "So it looks like you had a fun time." Beverly said shaking me back into reality.

      "Jesus Bev. How long have you been standing there?"

      "Long enough to see you get your first kiss! Rosie that's so exciting."

      "It really was, it was so different than anything I've every experienced."

      "Ahhhhh lets go to your room so you can give me all the details." Bev said grabbing my hand before dragging me to my room.

///

Richie Tozier

      Living right across the street from Rosie is really beneficial for me in my quest to get her heart I've got to say. I get to see her when she walks to and from the bus. When she is out front painting i get to see her. It's a win-win situation. Except when it wasn't.

      When I went outside to my front yard to take out the trash because it was trash day tomorrow, I saw something that made my heart break that day. I saw MY Rosie kissing Jack Rivers.

      I stare for a moment with a frown plastered on my face and my emotions running wild. They parted and she went inside. I looked away from the scene with my eyes welling up. I opened the door to my house before thinking to myself "god I hope this plan works because this feeling fucking sucks"