27

"Ceto!" Arrow yelled behind me. I held my breath, waiting for the bullets to stop firing and the pain to hit me.

"What?" the villain in front of me cried. "How?!" I looked down to see a bunch of tiny holes (thankfully scattered around in places that weren't too revealing), but not a single wound in my chest. That explains not feeling the pain. I looked behind me to see all the shells, the dozens of them, scattered across the floor.

"It went right through you," the green vigilante informed me.

"I must be so much water that they pass right through. Maybe it's something I control," I thought aloud. I tried not to think about it too hard and continued forward to the crate Barry was in, all the bullets whizzing right through me.

"No!" I heard him scream, and I turned the corner of the crate to see him on his knees, the man in front of him glowing a light blue tinged with black.

"Delicious," the man said creepily. "The names Blackout, by the way." He tried to shoot me with whips of electricity, but I dodged them and ran to grab Barry. I put up a shield of ice, letting him attack that before throwing it at him, the ice burning his skin. He screamed in pain and I was able to drag my partner to his feet before taking off. I noticed he was running at a normal speed, and I couldn't tell what he was thinking. I looked out just in time to see Oliver take down Minerva with some special arrow, hitting her in the shoulder where her wound was and causing her to fall off the giant crate.

"Nice shot," I complimented. He didn't respond. Instead he walked up to her and put his foot on her chest, shoving his bow and arrow in her face.

"Who do you work for?" his fake deep voice said. She tried spitting in his face and he used a free hand to drive the one arrow in even deeper than it already was into her shoulder. "I won't say it again." She looked up as if she weren't even in pain.

"Psykik. He said we would be alright. Feel no pain, no remorse."

"More like Psycho," I scoffed before realizing that's what I heard future me call him in my dream-vision.

"He said we would- would-" she was cut of by the gurgling of foam coming from her mouth and she started to seize.

"No!" I cried out, rushing to try and save her, treating it like a seizure.

"Help," she gasped with her dying breath. She laid lifeless in my arms. I screamed in frustration.

"I needed answers! Shit," I groaned.

"Complaining does nothing. Detain the other guy and let's ask him," Oliver ordered. I ran over to see Blackout still struggling to see with ice in his eyes. I forcefully put his wrists into the anti-meta cuffs Cisco made for us to use and dragged him out.

"Let's go," I told Barry. He was on his knees with his head is hands, but he shook his head.

"Blackout shorted me out, but this time it's gone for good," he whimpered. I knelt down.

"What do you mean?" He looked up with a terrified face.

"I don't have my speed anymore."

⚡︎

"He doesn't have his speed?" Wells yelled. It took a while to get back to Central City, and I wished we hadn't left Oliver in Starling City so someone could stand up to Harrison.

"I don't trust him," he had said. "You shouldn't either. You're a smart enough girl. I know he's some sort of hero to Barry, but I see through his façade easily."

"I have been a little wary of him. He cares about Barry in a really weird way," I had agreed. Staring at the furious paralyzed man in front of me, I wondered if Oliver could have figured out what felt off about him.