38

The events that occurred in my dream were finally coming to pass. I felt comforted knowing what would happen, but anxious since I was still in the dark about the outcome. I had suited up and told the team where I needed to be, Barry knowing and feeling everything I did. While everyone was discussing tactics to use, Barry and I stared at each other from across the room. No words were spoke, nor were they needed. He was worried for me and didn't know how to express it. I motioned for him to come over to me and wrapped my arms around his waist in a tight hug.

"I've seen what happens," I whispered. "I will be okay. We know Psykik is controlling her, and if you guys can find the ring and destroy it before anything bad happens, maybe we can change what happens," I spoke in a low voice that only he could hear. Cisco was explaining a couple of gadgets for me, but I was too occupied staring into my boyfriend's eyes to care. He sighed and tinkered with them while I was focused on Barry.

"Psykik made it clear, he knows all. So he knows what will happen. I don't think he'd let you know this if it gave you even the slightest advantage," he argued. "There's no changing what happens."

"But we can always try," I grabbed and squeezed his hand. "Wouldn't you want to change what happened with your mother?" Something flashed through his eyes; pain, regret even. Then I looked into his eyes to see them sparkle with the little bit of hope I could give him. Seems it isn't the first time he's thought of it. I turned back to Cisco, "You were saying?" He rolled his eyes.

"I was saying that I made you little water bombs. They're so small that they fit in the tubes of your outfit," he gestured to me. My eyes widened.

"I have bombs on me?"

"Yes, but they're only activated in water at a certain temperature. Since you've figured out how manipulate water temperature, you just have to direct the water with the nano bombs in them to wherever you want them to be and heat it up. You'll know one is about to go off when you hear the hissing of the steam breaking through the water. Then you'll have about five seconds before it explodes," he explained while showing a scenario on his tablet program.

"A hissing noise?". When I got a nod in return, I suddenly felt more confident in what was going to happen. Knowing what the hissing noise was comforting, but it led me to also wonder why I would set off a bomb near my sister when I was trying to convert her to the 'good side.' "Alright. I know what needs to be done."

"Barry will be there with you hiding in the shadows- he's lookout. We will scan for any other metas in the area while you guys... fight?" Caitlin's information turned into an inquiry.

"I don't want to fight her," I assured her, "I just want to somehow prove to her that she's being manipulated. She doesn't have to be like this."

"Then we will make sure you don't get ambushed. I'll also be keeping an eye on your vitals in case Psykik tries anything."

"One more thing," Cisco pulled me aside. "I don't actually know if you're safe from Psykik. Which includes Barry. That means he could get to him while you and Lethe fight, meaning they could team up against you. I wouldn't be able to help you then," he warned me.

"It's alright, Cisco. This is like walking into a test you've already seen and are taking a second time. There are just a few things you won't know, because they changed, or might change," I drifted off. I snapped back to reality, "I told you. I know what to do. I'll know how to handle Barry if he gets turned against me. Just keep everyone else on lockdown here and keep an eye on the surroundings. We got this," I attempted at a smile for him, but it wasn't enough.

"So we meet again." We were on the same bridge the night we took down Sonic. Familiar territory. Energy coursed through my veins and I could feel my suit start to emit a bright blue light in the night. Rayna walked out from the shadows, blending in with her dark gray attire. "How's it feel knowing you're going to die, Ceto?" Her words stung like ice.