11

"So the dispersants worked," I announced. "All it does is slow him down, but I'm sure the second it's out of his system he's fine."

"Well until or if we even can find a cure for him, if he ever gets loose, that's what we use," Dr. Wells said. I nodded. I checked the time and noticed it was half past five. Before I could say anything Barry hopped outta bed.

"My burns healed, so I'm going to head out. I have a dinner with Iris and Eddie, so call me if you guys need anything," he said before quickly changing out of his suit.

"Wait!" I called as he waved goodbye. "Eddie invited me too. I was supposed to text him, but I might just show up. Mind giving me the details?" I asked breathlessly as I caught up to him. He grinned and nodded. "Actually, wanna carpool?"

"I could run quicker than any carpool lane, Ari," he laughed. I rolled my eyes.

"Not all of us have superspeed, Allen."

"Let me change real quick," he said before speeding away and back within seconds. "All done. Your place?" he asked, and I walked over to my car. He hopped into the passenger side and I drove to my house. I left him in the living room as I walked into my bedroom, deciding on what to wear. He was pretty casual but sophisticated, so I grabbed a long black bodycon dress and put it on, walking out for his yopinion.

"What do you think?" I asked, getting his attention from his phone. He did a double take and I watched as his eyes raked over my body.

"Wow- I mean, you look great, Arielle. You really do," he emphasized. "But maybe a little more nice and short?" I took that into consideration and went back to my room, throwing on a short white dress that lightly hugged my curves but flowed at the bottom and I walked back out to him. I gave it a twirl and he laughed, nodding in approval.

"Barry Allen, I say yes to the dress," I joked. He smiled at me and I sat on the couch by him. "We have like an hour until we have to be there, right?" I asked.

"Yeah, Eddie wanted to be there by seven for the seven fifteen reservation," he told me. I reclined into my soft couch and stretched, yawning.

"Well until then, would you like anything to drink or snack on? I know that metabolism of yours is pretty fast," I offered.

"Just some water please- well, what kind of food do you have?"

"So you don't know who your parents are?" Barry asked quietly, munching on some pizza I heated up for him. I was taken aback by the question but nodded. "I don't what sounds worse. Watching your parents get taken away from you or not knowing them at all," he whispered. I shrugged.

"Well, either way, I feel for you Allen. We both have fucked up pasts. At least we can relate to someone rather than getting sympathy stares and the typical 'I'm sorry for your loss' or 'I'm so sorry,' you know?"

"Agreed."

"I wonder who they are," I blurted out. "Like as much as I don't really care, I'm curious. Somebody has to be sending me these monthly checks for thousands of dollars. All I've ever gotten was the last name Murray on them, but whenever I try to back track the check it says that person doesn't exist." Barry sat in silence across from me on my kitchen island, taking in every word. "Someone gave me up as a child, and all I get is money I don't need or ever use. I just wish I had maybe a letter like in Annie, or if I just could know their names."

"I guess you win," Barry sadly smiled at me. "It sucks more not knowing who they are, than to have known them and have them taken away from you."