Chapter Forty-five: To Forever

Start from the beginning

"......kaya pwede ba kitang gawing aking reyna?" He finished.

For a moment I was just gaping at him and only came to my senses after I heared the sound of the violin ended. Then admist that silence, I suddenly burst out laughing, mainly because of the cheesy modification he just did with my initially cheesy song already.

"Edwardo...what's this?" I pabebe asked even though I am already perfectly aware what is this all about.

He shrugged, chuckled then said, "Well...guess."

I giggled. And then out of the blue, the violinist started playing again. This time he was playing a romantic classical piece which I recognized in a heartbeat- Love Story.

That was the cue then. After, Edward presented the ring that I know he's been keeping inside his palm, ever since he took it from his side pocket and finally get down on one knee. And then in the middle of that pleasant atmosphere he asked lovingly,

"Marydale Entrata, the love of my life, my twin flame and my true soulmate, will you marry me despite of all my corny, cheesy and ever so cliche tendencies?"

I can't help but chuckled again at his wordings first before shrieking with utmost jubilee.

"YES! Yes of course I will Edward John Barber. With all my heart and soul."

I am literally crying and laughing right now by the way.

With that, Edward stood and picked me up for a couple of seconds before putting me down to claim my lips in a fiery kiss for errr....I am not entirely sure how long. We only stopped when we heared the manager deliberately cleared his throat, looking and grinning at us.

Slightly embarassed, I tapped Edward in the arm.

"Ikaw kasi eh."

He just shrugged nonchalantly though. "Can't help it. I have a super gorgeous fiancee after all."

We are both laughing now at those puns again when all of a sudden, a loud applause filled the room.

"Congratulations ma'am, sir!" The staffs of Mely's greeted in chorus.

My eyes widened and my face reddened as I realized how many people witnessed our passionate lip locking earlier.

"Kaloka ang dami palang tao dito!?" I whispered incredulously to Edward.

His forehead creased. "You just noticed now?" He asked. "Am I really that striking that you seemed to not notice anything aside from my presence?" Then he teasingly added with a guffaw.

"Che!" I smacked him playfully in the arm.

After, the manager then muster us to settle back on our table for they will now serve our dinner. Edward and I both thank him and waited patiently for our food which arrived few minutes later.

"Seriously Edward, this is unexpected. I mean not the entire idea proposal per se, but the way you exactly did it." I mused in between munches.

"Yeah, yeah I know. I get it. You mean the Hollywood cliche and everything. Wala eh, ewan ko ba. Bigla ko na lang naisip na mag-propose ngayon dito eh." He shrugged, smiling.

My eyebrows raised. "Wait you mean you already had the ring with all this time?"

He nodded. "Yup. Naipagawa ko na since last month pa. I just couldn't get the perfect timing. Then this unexpected trip happened." Then he chuckled. "I really have to treat Mom and Dad for this. Please remind me."

I chuckled as well. "Yeah sure. Pero to be really honest babe, I never thought that you still had the tendency to be this corny and cheesy at this age." I teased.