Chapter Twenty-seven: A Triggered Revelation

After an about a minute of walk from ABS-CBN, we finally arrived at the Mont Blanc Cafe. A mental whistle echoed inside my head as I looked around and saw its grand interior design.

The theme is obviously baroque style. The painting and sculpture pieces in every corner are already a giveaway. Plus the architechtural design of the cafe itself. The whole place actually gave me a feeling that I'm in a common European sidestreet coffe house and it's rather quite more than pleasant. I'm actually glad that I had the chance to check this place out now.

Sana masarap ang food. Apparently I have high expectations.

Because we are obviously newbies, Edward, Laura and I let the Arrieta siblings to lead us inside. It's a wise decision I think since I can see that those two are seemed to be so acquianted to the whole place already. Most of the staffs even know them as well.

"Josh table for five. Doon na lang sa loob pwede?" Ate Cari politely asked one of those staffs.

"Ah Ma'am Cari good afternoon po." The staff who's name is Josh greeted with a friendly smile in return. "Sure po ma'am. Dito po." Then he added.

Ate Cari smiled at him as well. "Thank you."

Josh then led the way and we followed him.

Moments later we arrived at the innermost part of the cafe. It certainly looks like a place that is not usually open for customers. You know, like those spots in restaurants which are used for special functions and opened only when there are no more regular space left in case of a very busy booming business day.

I am actually quite surprised that they gave in to Ate Cari's request in a heartbeat.

"Dito po ma'am." Josh mustered us to settle in a very royal living room space set up with two single sofa, two lovers sofa and a rectangular glass table in the middle.

All in all, the place looks very comfortable to me despite the grandeur which is a bit surprising because I am usually the type of the person who find comfortabiliy in simplicity.

Feeling excited about the new gourmet experience, I went to sit down and then after, all of them eventually followed.

I was about to settle at one of those single sofa but then Ate Cari suddenly pulled me to sit beside her in one of those lovers sofa.

"May dito tabi tayo dali." She muttered excitedly.

Even though I am still a bit uncomfortable, I let her have her way. It won't hurt anyway. "Ahehe sige po."

Edward and Laura on the other hand sat side by side on the other lover's sofa adjacent to ours (left) which then leaves Lorenz with no choice but to take one of the single sofas. He took the one beside ours (right) which faces the direction of Edward and Laura.

As soon as we settled, Josh immediately distributed the menu. "Here's the menu." Then he stepped aside and patiently waited for our order.

I looked down on my own copy of that menu. However I only barely skimmed through its contents because I have already decided what to order even before we entered the cafe actually. It is pretty much the same thing that I order whenever it is my first time in a new cafe. A habit that I learned during my early modelling years. Back when I used to fly from one place to another like it's nothing.

I am about to initiate the ordering but then all of a sudden Ate Cari went ahead unknowingly.

"Sa akin Josh the usual." She didn't even bother to open the menu at all, I noticed.

"1 regular peppermint latte and a slice of greentea cheesecake tama po?" Josh confirmed.

"Yep. That's right." Ate Cari answered with a satisfied smile.