Chapter Fifteen: Weird Day

I took a quick glance at my wrist watch then at the people who are still in lined in front of me.

Naku po! I mused inside my mind in slight frustration after I counted them.

I have been standing here for about 30 minutes already and yet there are still five more customers before my turn to order. When I came here earlier there were eight people ahead of me and now five people still? Nope. This won't do. If I stay here and wait for my turn, it'll definitely take me forever and for sure I'm gonna miss the start of the show.

With this realization, I then took my phone out from my pocket and called my sister.

"Hello Lorenz where are you? The movie is about to start. Hurry up!" Ate Cari fired right away as soon as she pressed the receive button.

Rather than be irritated, I can't help but chuckle in reply to her bossy feat instead. Even though I legitly have all the right to feel 'bad trip' at this very moment. Well why? It is because all this hassle that I am currently going through right now is nothing but all her fault actually.

Having said that, still I just can't afford to be angry with my dearest sister today. Maybe because, well primarily she's my sister and so I knew that she just usually has those ticks which somehow I actually find funny and cute sometimes (take note, SOMETIMES) and she's lucky because today is one of those 'sometimes' day apparently. Secondly, I probably just really missed her that much. To think that I can totally let this one whole day pass, yeah I just probably did. After all it has  already been a year since the last time we had a bonding moment like this one.

"Hey Ate chill. Nandito pa ako nakapila for your pizza and pasta. Actually kanina pa nga ko dito di ba? Mga kalahating oras na pero mabagal talaga ang usad ng pila. Lima pa yung nasa harap ko and I......." I started to explain but then she interrupted.

"What? Hala mag-start na yung movie. Paano yan?"

"That's why I called you my dear sister. Baka naman pwedeng sa iba na lang ako bumili ng pizza at pasta mo. Tutal ang dami pa namang ibang pwedeng bilhan dito na mas konti yung pila. Bakit ba kasi dito mo gusto?"

"Wala lang, na-miss ko lang."

I sighed. My big sister is acting like a baby right now. Yeah.

"So ano na nga. 15 minutes na lang start na ng movie. Pag hinintay ko 'to male-late ako sigurado. Sa iba na lang ako bibili." I suggested.

"No!" I was a bit startled by her vehement disagreement though. "Please Renz gusto ko dyan lang eh. Do me a favor and buy my pizza and pasta there. Tutal naghintay ka na rin lang eh. Para di masayang. Please."

"What about the movie? Madaya ka di ko mapapanood ng buo."

"It's ok let's just watch it again. This is Beauty and the Beast anyway. Everybody knows the plot already. I can appreciate the feels twice in a row you know. Oh ano deal?"

I just sighed in resignation. "Ok fine. May magagawa pa ba ako?"

"Yehey! Thanks Renz you're the best! Love you baby boy!"

"Ugh! Just shut up Cari! How many times did I tell you to not call me THAT? That's really cringe-y you know." I spat in slight irritation.

"Whatever! I love you baby brother." She just retorted with a laugh with more emphasis on the word 'baby' this time. Clearly adding fuel to the fire.

Of course! I thought with exasparation.

Ladies and gentlement my crazy sister, Carissa Ariella Dejena Arrieta.

"Ugh! I can't take this anymore. You're getting cheesy by the minute. Pasalamat ka talaga I don't break promises."

She just laugh even more loudly on the other side of the line as a response to that.