Chapter Forty-one: First Meeting

September 2016, The Medical City.

*Ring *Ring *Ring

"Hello Mom?" I answered as soon as I stepped outside.

"Ano ba Edward? What took you so long to answer?!" I cringed at the loud yell that greeted me from the other line. "Don't you know that I am about to pass out here already?! Alalang-alala na ako! Kanina pa tumawag ang road manager niyo ah!"

I sighed. "I'm sorry Mom. I was in the E.R earlier. I couldn't answer right away because I was still talking to the doctor."

"Are you alright? Is there anything wrong with your body?" She frantically asked.

"No I'm alright. Don't worry." I replied.

"How about the others?"

"Everyone seems fine. Well, except for Maymay. She's still unconscious until now."

Now that I've mentioned it, the uneasy feeling inside me resurfaced again. Even though the doctors already assured that there's really nothing to be worried about her condition at all, I can't help but feel worried still.

"WHAT?!" I almost jump in surprise at that sudden outburst of hers though.

For a moment, I had to put some distance in between my ear and my phone to avoid some probable damage to my hearing.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY? I THOUGHT SHE'S FINE? SABI NI MARIE OK NA SIYA?"

"Mom, Mom! Calm down ok." I raised my voice a bit to compete with her volume as I explained. "She's fine. The doctor said she just went into a shock, I mean that's why she passed out. But otherwise she's ok. They even said that she'll wake up any moment now."

I heared my Mom sighed in relief at that.

"Haay thank God. But just to be sure, tell the doctors to do all scans alright? She might have an internal bleeding or something, mahirap na. We have to be sure that she's really ok huh Edward?" She added.

"Don't worry I already did that. They said that they will do it as soon as she woke up." I assured.

Despite that over the roof reaction, I can't help but smile at my Mom's gesture. Somehow, I really love the fact that she genuinely adores and loves Maymay to destruction.

"Very good. Ok siya sige na. Come back to Maymay already at baka gising na siya. Anyway, malapit na naman ako diyan. I'll just call Marie to meet me at the entrance, then we will go straight to the E.R."

"Ok. Take care. See you later."

"Bye."

With that, the line went into a cut.

I was about to go back inside the E.R. when something suddenly caught my attention-a sight of a uniquely dressed old man who is walking towards the direction of the hospital's main entrance now.

Well I said unique because he looks like he just finished a 50's movie shoot with his outfit at the moment. He's wearing a khaki colored pants that matches the color of his fedora hat and leather shoes, as well as and an immaculate lilac long sleeved shirt under a pair of chocolate colored suspenders. On his right hand, he is holding a regal looking, walking cane too.

I smirked in amusement. Despite how ridiculous his clothes may seem, considering the normal fashion standards in this country, Lolo quite pulled it off with such confidence and ease. Maybe because there's this fact that at probably 60 something, he is still quite a good looking man himself. His facial features don't really look like those of what a pure Filipino has at all. Most probably he is also a half mestizo, like myself.