Chapter Thirty-nine: The Return

I am here again.

This place, I am sure that I've seen it before. Inside a dream, the one where the Supreme Druid made me choose which one to enter between two different doors.

Speaking of doors, I looked around and attempted to find them admist of the darkness.

They got to be here somewhere. I thought.

Not too long after, I finally saw them. But a pang of disappointed surged within me when I noticed that the doors are closed.

Still I walked over, aiming to take a better look myself. I was about turn the knob of the door at the right when all of a sudden, I heared a powerful voice echoed within the whole place.

"Kamusta ka na?"

I turned around. As expected she was there, that old lady or rather, the Supreme Druid. And as ever, she looks exactly the same. I mean with her clothes and everything.

And apparently, we meet again.

"Ikinagagalak ko ang muli nating pagkikita hija." She said, a small smile hovering her crinkled face.

"Ay hello po......ma'am." I responded hesitantly. Up until now, I'm still not sure how to address her properly.

The woman laughed, clearly amused by my reply.

"It's ok, you can call me whatever you want hija. Kung saan ka komportable; Ma'am, Lola, Manang, Kuya, Guardian, Keeper....." She halted for a second, ".....or Supreme Druid. Kahit ano walang kaso sa akin." Then she shrugged, finishing her sentence.

I swallowed nervously. The woman pretty much confirm her identity with that statement right?

All this time, I merely considered the term Supreme Druid as a product of intensive research and my desperate desire to unfold the mystery of this unlikely predicament. But in actuality, I haven't had any chance to confirm the existence of that mysterious being, one way or another, for that matter.

Until this very moment.

Now, I am definitely sure. She is indeed a Supreme Druid- the guardian of fate and keeper of the gates.

"So you're real." I breathed in awe, more to myself.

The Supreme Druid just smiled in return.

I waited for her to speak again, kind of expecting that she'll start explaining why she created such a fiasco in my life out of nowhere. But when several moments already passed and still she remained silent, I got impatient. So I decided to just ask her myself instead.

"Ahmnn can I ask you a question? Why did you do it? And why me?" I fired consecutively, pertaining to the sudden twisting that she did on my fate.

I know that I am not being elaborate but I'm sure she got it anyways. On the side note, I was actually surprised at myself for being this calm up until this moment. Before, I swore that if ever this encounter came, when I finally got the chance to confront whoever send me to that situation, I would screamed the hell out and leashed all the anger and frustration that I had to bear while enduring the fate he/she had thrown at me. But now I just can't seem to do it.

Maybe because, despite all the pain that I suffered going into that realm, the happiness that I experienced in exchange pretty much made all the ugly parts worth it in the end.

Yes. And from the bottom of my heart, I can say that it's the truth.

"All I can say is that everything that happened is supposed to happen. Let's just leave it to that hija..." She paused for a second and then added "...for now."