I Have A Job To Do

Start from the beginning

And I think she fucked us up. I can't handle this situation she put us in. I hate feeling like I have no control whatsoever in a situation.

I grabbed my car keys off of the hook placed near Harrisons front door. I told him I had something to do today so he won't be too surprised to wake up later and find the guest room empty.

Locking his front door behind me, I practically run to my car through the chilling New York morning air. I really don't know how I haven't grown accustomed to this weather yet. I immediately start my car, getting the heater to warm me before I start driving.

I arrived at our house sooner than I wanted to, and noticing her car in the driveway had me sitting in my car a few extra minutes before getting up and going inside.

I shut the front door behind me, tossing my keys into the bowl that sat on the table next to the door. I can smell the scent of fresh coffee coming from the kitchen.

I looked at the watch on my wrist to see that it was already 6:20. I shook my head at how little time I had left. Usually I'm much better at time management. But of course, that's when I can at least manage five to six hours of rest.

I shot up the stairs, going into the closet. I'm dressing comfortable because there is no way in hell that I'm putting on a thousand-dollar suit just to take pictures.

I moved to my side of the closet, pulling out a red turtle neck, denim jeans, and a matching jacket. I swiped my brown boots from in the corner before entering the bathroom.

I put my clothes on quickly, throwing my previous attire into the hamper. I caught my reflection in the mirror as I went to leave the bathroom. Grabbing my razor out of the cabinet, I shaved the stubble I had coming in on my face.

Bags were only slightly evident beneath my eyes, and my eyes themselves were filled with stress. I sighed, running a hand over my face.

Just as I look back up into the mirror there's a faint but noticeable nock at the bathroom door. It's not a guessing game to figure out who's on the other side of the wooden barrier.

I move over to the door, opening it and locking eyes with Mariana.

''You look nice,'' She says, offering the coffee filled mug to me, ''Is this for the Graphic Design job?"

I took the mug from her hand, and she led the way out of the bathroom.

''Yeah, thank you.'' I say, following her down the stairs.

A sense of discomfort and awkwardness is looming over us as if we are strangers and I hate it. I grab her elbow once we reach the kitchen, causing her to turn around and look at me as I sit my coffee mug down on the contour.

We stare at each other for a minute. I could see her big brown eyes welling with tears and in the next second she's jumping into my arms.

I hug her back.

''Steven I'm so sorry,'' I could already feel her tears soaking through my shirt. ''You're right about everything you said. I'm so selfish Stevie, and I'm so sorry. I don't want to lose you, I love you, I want to marry you. Please tell me you still want to marry me too?''

She's asking me something I've been thinking about all weekend.

At this point in my life sorry is just a word, and she knows this. Eventually I will get around to forgiving her but eventually isn't anytime soon and she's completely fucked my trust for her.

I'm feeling all these things, all these different emotions telling me that this is the end of my relationship with her but then there's a voice in my head telling me I'm being so fucking irrational.