15 | it's all about cole now

A/n
HEYYY LOVELY PEOPLE! Yes yes I know it's been FOREVER since I've last updated — possibly half a year or even more — and I am reaaaaaally sorry about it!!!! 😭😭😭😭

As y'all might have figured out, I had been on hiatus bc my writer's block was really 'blocking' me for way too long. In fact, as I'm writing this, MY MIND IS STILL EMPTY and idk... I'll just go with the flow & write whatever comes to mind bc ya girl sucks at writing and she just can't seem to think of anything good enough. 😢😢😢😢

Fun fact: I don't even know how my characters look like now :O crap I'm so dead

anw REALLY REALLY REALLY SORRY for making all of you wait this long!!!!!! I'll try updating as quickly as I can!!!!!!

Here's the update y'all have been waiting for ❤️ tbh it won't be that great bc I've rlly rushed it out but... hereeeee goessss nothing! DX

Hope you guys enjoy this chapter! Pls favourite and comment on it if you did :-)

Xoxo
Bubblygummii

——————

It's simply impossible to reject your crush. That's probably why The Fives and I are standing in Cole's front porch.

"You guys... sure you want Cole to tutor you?" I turn around and smile pretentiously at them, my facial muscles aching.

"More sure than ever," Orion chirps, "Bradley credited him quite a lot. We figured we really need Cole Evans' help, since all of us— except Heather— are called for a re-test."

The others nod their head in agreement. I can totally relate to how they must be feeling right now—I'm called for a Maths re-test myself for failing the previous test, and I need as much help as they do, if not more.

I sigh and turn unwillingly to press the doorbell.

"Son, answer the door! I'm busy here!" I hear Mrs Evans shouting from the inside.

"Busy with what—painting your nails?" I hear Cole's irritated voice echoing from the hall.

"..." Bingo. Mrs Evans has always been like this. She's too lazy to walk to the door even if it's 1 centimetre away from her. She would find a million excuses to escape. Once, Cole's mother didn't want to walk to the door, claiming she was busy eating chips. Cole went bonkers afterwards.

The door opens. Today, Cole has donned a dry-fit dark blue shirt that practically glues to his body, lining the traces of his prominent chest muscles. He's wearing a pair of grey shorts on top of his black tights. His glasses are replaced by his transparent contact lenses. While grabbing onto his Nike sports shoes, he leans on the side of the door to see who the visitors are. His blue eyes widen, his eyebrow twitching and his lips tighten.

Oh my days— Cole totally pulls off this sporty and slightly playful look. He just looks... different, in a good way. Contrary to the nerdy demeanour he tries to portray in school, the Cole outside of school looks very lean, mature and... well, hot. I've seen him like this many times before but even till now, something about him just makes it a challenge to contain my wildly palpitating heart.

Oh, I get it. I might have high blood pressure. It's a common health problem nowadays, and it's not surprising if I actually got it. Yeah, that definitely explains why my heart rate hikes whenever I see him like that.