14 | third-wheeling

"A great figure of physique is nice, but it's self-confidence that makes someone sexy." -unknown

"What makes you think I'll accept your request?" Cole raises an eyebrow as he fold his arms. His eyes wander to Bradley, glaring at him with full of hatred, his nostrils flare slightly.

Till now I still can't understand why Cole hates Bradley so much.

I smile cheekily, feigning the sweetest tone I can manage, clasping my hands together, "Because why would you reject your best friend?"

"That's not a valid reason," Cole shoots me a glare.

He's right. I can't believe I was so confident in getting Cole tutor me and Bradley when I haven't yet thought of a sound reason. I should really use my brains in future before acting.

"Then... well, because you'll learn even more when you teach what you already know! And double the knowledge since it's two of us!" I declare proudly. Suddenly I feel as if I'm smart again.

Cole gives me a look that questions my stupidity, making me shut my mouth at once. I'd forgotten he doesn't really need to be smarter than he already is— he's one of the top scorers of our school, for goodness' sake, he doesn't even need any more help.

A soft push of my right shoulder causes me to move a few steps backwards. A tall figure whooshes in front of me, slightly blocking my view.

"Tia Summers studying all alone with Bradley Walter, in her own tiny room," Bradley smirks, his brown eyes digging into Cole's blue ones, "maybe that sounds like a better option?" He leans closer to Cole, smirking in a way that seems as if he was challenging him rather than being friendly.

Immediately, Cole's face tightens, it's obvious his facial muscles are growing tense. His teeth grits and his eyebrows knit together. His lethal glare at Bradley frightens me. I'd never really seen this side of him before. His two fists clench into balls, and I can see them trembling as if he was trying to control punching the person before him.

"It would be my pleasure to tutor the both of you," Cole huffs, closing his eyes impatiently. He opens his house door fully, signalling for us to come in.

I scream in excitement. That was easy! I look towards Bradley and smile. He returns my smile and winks at me.

"Wait here while I get, uh, changed," Cole clears his throat before walking to the toilet. I nod, although I silently groan. It's a once-in-a-lifetime chance to admire Cole's body. I secretly wished I could see that sight of him every day.

"My parents are not home, so just help yourself," he calls out. In no way did that come out friendly. Instead it sounds as if he's just doing it for show.

"I'll grab you a drink," I say cheerily to Bradley, ignoring Cole, "what'd you like?"

"What do they have?" Bradley studies the surroundings before looking back at me.

"Water, Coke Zero, Coffee and green tea. Cole's family is kinda health-conscious," I smile as I walk to their kitchen, opening the fridge. Bradley follows behind.

"You even know what kind of drinks they drink?" Bradley gives a shocked expression on his face.

I shrug. "I come here all the time."