01 | my prince

"There is no such thing as fat girl.
Every girl is beautiful on her own way."
Niall Horan

"Mmm!!... This is good stuff!!..... Yummm," I mumble satisfyingly as I take the last gigantic bite of the sumptuous In and Out's beef burger. Cole Evans grins warmly as he looks at me enjoying myself.

"Tee, eat it slowly, it's not like we're rushing or anything," he laughs, "is it really that delicious?"

I nod. It's the second burger that I've finished eating, but somehow it still wasn't enough; I can never get enough of this burger. Plus, it's the day before the start of junior year- I have to enjoy myself to the fullest before hell starts.

I, Tia Summers, am Sunny Hills High School's well-known fattest girl. Just like how everyone knows Bradley Walter (the school's most popular guy) and Heather Reeves (the school's most popular girl), everyone knows me (the school's Double U- ugly and unacceptable) because apparently other than the "Voting for the Hottest Girl and Guy" competition, they didn't leave out the "Voting for the Fattest Girl and Guy" slot. I won it of course, and I even got an award. It sounds dumb and funny, but I really did, and I was kinda proud of that, since I've never achieved anything or any awards in my life until last year, so somehow there was this great sense of achievement in me.

That was, until I fell in love with Bradley Walter. It was a simple love story- when I was a freshman, everyone started throwing water bags at me because, according to them, I was ugly and unacceptable- hence they called me the Double U- and I couldn't budge as everyone surrounded me.

Just then, something - someone, rather, really glaring to the eyes appeared before me. The throwing of the bags stopped dramatically, and soon everyone fell silent. Curious, I opened my eyes and looked up. My eyes widened and my jaws dropped.

Oh my God... chocolate brown curls that wag slowly as he shakes his head to remove the water, huge muscular biceps that are made even more obvious due to the tight clothes he's wearing, amazingly big back, long and slightly thick legs due to his calve muscles... someone tell me who the heck this God-sent person?

My prince?

I shook my head, laughing on the inside at how wishful my childish thinking was. I had no idea who this hot guy was, but I did believe in fate... just kidding.

"Brad.... Bradley Walter?" a random girl from the group of bullies shrieked annoyingly, breaking the silence, "it's Bradley Walter!!!" And as soon as she did so, the silence was replaced by gasps and whispers.

"Whoever hit me," Bradley clenched his fists, highlighting his attractive biceps and knuckles, and said angrily through his gritted teeth, "and her, you're going to get it from me!" Though I could only make out his back view since he wasn't facing me, from his perfect, boyish voice I could already tell his looks would be no less, and his character would be even better. The crowd dispersed as the students hurried away from Bradley and me, and soon nobody was left in this secluded corner of Sunny Hills High School except us.

"You alright?" Bradley turned to face me. My jaws dropped again, this time dropping even lower that it hurt.

This guy not only has a perfect body, but also an even more perfect face. Those thick dark eyebrows, big brown eyes that look down at me with full of mystery, a sharp nose that seems to be more contoured under the sunlight, and super attractive rose-coloured lips- I appreciate every little bit of his face.

This guy is hot. He's totally God-sent.

Bradley Walter had obviously noticed my gaze. He blinked awkwardly, and said slowly, "well, I've got to go now, I'm late for Math. See ya, cutie!"

It was the first time anyone had ever called me a cutie (other than Cole Evans, but Cole Evans wasn't a trustworthy source because he was my childhood friend since we were five, so what he says are always only nice words to make me feel better, I can't actually believe what he says); my heartbeat sped up.

Well, back to reality. My crush on Bradley Walter was a hidden feeling, so apart from Cole, nobody else knew. (Cole sort of figured out that I had a crush on Bradley Walter on his own anyway.) Whatever, it isn't like I really cared if anybody knew anyway; what's the most they could do to me? Bully me? I'm way too used to that already. Plus, I have Cole- he's always there to protect me. I hardly ever get bullied nowadays thanks to him.

Oh right, I forgot to introduce you to my best friend, Cole Evans.

With slightly messy blonde hair, big aqua blue eyes that always seem so soft and gentle, small healthy red lips that shines every time he smiles, revealing his small dimples that can only be seen up close, a sharp nose with a geeky black specs to top it off, Cole doesn't look bad. In fact, he's kinda cute for a nerd. Since we were young, there were many people who admired him, and for some reason, he'd never been interested in them. He said he already has a crush, but he just wouldn't tell me who. Not that I want to know who she is though; I have this feeling that I wouldn't like the girl he likes although I don't know why, so for now let's just put it on hold.

Cole is the best friend one could possibly have. He would stand up for me every time someone bullied me. He would always remind me that I'm not fat at all, and how beautiful I look even though I proclaim that I was fat. He would always tell me he likes me the way I am, and that there is no reason why I have to care about what others said. I guess it's really because of him that I'm still so positive and strong until now, ignoring other people's hurtful words and getting through my terrible years in high school. Even my family members told me I was too fat when I was nine. Soon after, I cried a hell lot, but after a long call with Cole, I stopped crying and felt way better.

Cole is the one person I can never lose. Without him, I think I might not even have the ability to survive. Probably. But then again, I can't trust whatever he said, because sometimes what he says are too... unreal. Like, how I'm pretty when I was totally the opposite (like dude, everyone calls me Double U, how can I believe Cole?), how I'm not fat (because I look at myself in the mirror all and can't comprehend why he says so) how I'm the world's cutest girl (seriously), etc etc, the list goes on. So even though he makes me feel glad and positive, he doesn't actually increase my self-esteem. He just makes me feel better. For now, though, that's all I needed.

I finish drinking my Coke in no time. I look to Cole's one; it's still half-full. I smile wickedly at him. He immediately got what I'm thinking, and shoves it to me understandably. "Yes, you can finish it," he sighs in defeat. And I did.