Chapter 21: His Sacrifice

Start from the beginning

"I just realized something...I missed hearing that weird 've~' sound you always make."

If it hadn't been for the fact that Feliciano is now a big, green flaming dragon, you could see him blush. They turned back as Holy Roman Empire tossed a long white spear toward them. Odd enough, Germany was able to dodge all of his attacks with ease. Maybe this was his new power? He lifted his hand and felt the energy that he got focus into his fingertips.

"Blatt der Heiligen Regierung!"

The energy immediately shot out into a blade, extending to at least three feet away from him. Looking up, he saw Holy Roman Empire pull a blade out of his sleeve as well. They started going for a one-on-one duel, their blades literally shaking the ground. So much so that cracks were starting to form.

"Do you really think that you alone can give Italy what he wants?" Holy Roman Empire laughed. "I've lived with him! I've been by his side this entire time! You have no idea what he wants!"

"You know what? I've been by his side as well!" Germany growled. "I've taken care of him! I know everything that you do! And I know damn well that he thought of you every single day of his waking life!"

"If he did think of me, then why would he stay with a fake like you?"

"Because, Holy Rome...you're just being a jackass!"

He threw him off his blade as he went in for the attack. Everyone watched at the one-on-one duel, complete with German beams flying all over the place. After five long minutes of just clashing rapidly on each other, they found themselves locked in a hard duel stance.

"You know, Germany...he's been in love with me my entire time." Holy Roman Empire chuckled. "He only fell in love with you once he had suspicions of our connection."

"You don't know that!" Germany yelled back.

"Of course I knew that. I hold everyone's powers, remember? Including the ability to read minds." He leaned in closer and smiled. "He'll always be in love with me."

That statement made Germany freeze, allowing him to toss him up in the air without a second thought. Vash lifted up his gun to aim as Holy Roman Empire took advantage of his situation, his blade piercing deep into flesh. However, when they looked up, they saw that it wasn't Ludwig's.

"FELICIANO!"

The dragon fell onto the ground, bleeding heavily. Germany panicked as he ran toward him, his figure vanishing and leaving behind his true form, still encased in the flames. The blood was everywhere, coating his robes and gloves.

"...Feliciano..." Ludwig was twitching.

"...Doitsu...you're OK...thank god..."

He was coughing up blood, forcing Ludwig to scoop him up in his arms. The flames that was shaping his figure was fading fast, and he could hear gasps and panicked voices from behind him. Even Holy Roman Empire was in shock, the blade in his hands dropping to his feet.

"Don't talk like that! You're going to be OK!" He looked up. "Arthur! Get over here!"

"You can't save...a dying flame, Doitsu..." Feliciano smiled, blood dripping off his mouth and the flames dying quickly by the second. "Flames...only start anew..."

"Feliciano..."

"He's wrong...I don't love you because...you were Holy Roman...Empire." More coughing up of blood. His grip got tighter. "I love you because...you are Doitsu...my Doitsu..."

"I...I love you too...both as Holy Roman Empire and Germany." He answered. God, why did he have to sound so cheesy at a time like this? "And until the end of time..."