Chapter 9: His Despair

So Feliciano is the only one that apparently can stand between the Holy Roman Empire and the fact that he may or may not take over his former countries. What's the worst that can happen to him? I mean, he may be evil, but he IS Holy Roman Empire...he can't hurt him, right?

/=+=/

Ludwig and Wang Yao returned to the building as Ivan started to deflect the majority of Gilbert's beams straight up into the air. A few feet away, Seyel was talking to Belgium and was taking a few notes down. It intrigued him, so he headed toward the countries with a curious look on his face.

"Are you seriously testing all of this out?" He asked.

"Just so that they know how to restrain their abilities whenever they're with the humans." Seyel answered. "The last thing we need is to reveal to the world that there are mutants, much less human countries."

"Yeah...that's true..." Ludwig blinked. "Did you do it, China?"

"Yeah, aru." He answered. "Mine's completely under control. I can scream whenever I want, but it only activates when I want it to, aru."

"I see..." Ludwig turned to Seyel. "Do you need to check up with mine?"

"If it isn't any trouble...besides, Roderich's the one who wanted to do this."

"Roderich started all this?" He blinked.

"Yeah. He was worried about half the people here and decided that we might as well test everything out here, while we're away from human eyes." Seyel chuckled. "Around that time, Alfred insisted that he became his second-in-command."

"God...can't Alfred take this seriously?" Ludwig shook his head.

/=+=/

"Holy Rome? Are you here?"

Feliciano started to wander around the forest, calling out the name of the man he cared for yet at the same time feared. Instantly, he felt the wind move around him, and the image of Holy Roman Empire appeared in front of him. Instinctively, Italy grabbed his tie and tightened it.

"You wanted me, Italy?" He asked.

"Yes...it's about your land..." Italy felt scared, but stood strong. This was for Doitsu's sake, of course. "Are you...thinking about taking it back?"

"So you do know about my plan." Holy Roman Empire stood up. "Did you figure it out on your own?"

"...yes."

"Are you lying to me?"

Feliciano shivered. He knew that in pressure, he'd cave in and tell the torturer everything. Holy Rome would be no different. However, this was for Doitsu. Not just Doitsu...but for the other countries that were part of his kingdom. He has to lie in order to save all of them. He had to be brave.

"No...I'm not. I heard from Austria that you were surprised about what happened to your land..." He stated. "And I thought that you'd want to do something with it."

"These long years have taught you well..." Holy Rome touches Italy's cheek. "At least I don't have to lie to you...I hate lying to you..."

"Holy Rome..." Feliciano whispered.

"Will you give me your land? Just so that I can be a country again?" He smiled. "Don't worry...I'm not going to do anything to you...I'd never do anything to hurt you...you know that..."

"...what about Austria? And Hungary?" He looked up.

"They will be OK as well. They were so good to me back then...and I trust them."